10 Feb 2008 - 4:48am
8 years ago
13 replies

How to transition from technical writer to interaction designer?

Hi folks,

I need your advice.

I am a technical writer, and I want to be an interaction designer. How do I
get there from here?

Do I need to go back to school or not? If so, what is the best course to
take? HCI at a more CS-oriented institution or an interaction design course
at a design school? (From what I can see, most IxD courses at design schools
require you to already have some sort of portfolio...)

(I live in Israel but I am a British citizen, so any school in Israel or
Europe is a possibility. N.

Syndicate content Get the feed