wireframes

25 Jun 2009 - 12:22pm
0
5 years ago
2 replies
Jennifer Richardson
2009

Shared elements in Visio across files

Hi there,

I can't figure out how to share a background across multiple files
in Visio. Our team is using a source control program so we want to
have each wireframe in it's own Visio file. I want to have the
template background in another file, but if I update the background,
I don't want to have to go change every page. It's like a server
side include, or "instance"

Any ideas?

Thanks
JR

28 May 2009 - 10:38pm
0
5 years ago
11 replies
Johnny Wooder
2009

Wireframing with pencil and paper

I've noticed a general trend, especially in smaller companies, in
which ux strategy is documented/created using pencil and paper.
However, I find that these companies do not submit any formal ux
strategy to their clients. I suppose its a way to work through the
design without having the mess of formal documentation. How does
everyone feel about graphic designers coming up with ux strategy
using this method?

12 Mar 2009 - 5:20am
0
5 years ago
18 replies
Terms:
milan
2005

The future of Wireframes (was: Joel Spolsky claims the "Program Manager" role does UI design... ????)

> If I never see "wireframe" as a deliverable again, I will be a
> happy man. The age of visio, omniograffle, axure, iRise, etc. I hope
> come crashing down (now offense to all the coders who worked hard on
> these tools), in favor of Fireworks, Catalyst, Flash, Blend and
> Illustrator, Coda, etc.

Dave,

really interesting remark, questioning all my beliefs :-)

I am not sure if I understand your point here. Do you think wireframes
should be skipped, because this activity doesn't add any value?

19 Feb 2009 - 2:49pm
0
5 years ago
16 replies
sherihy
2008

Wireframes, supporting documentation, and software choices

What software do you use to do the documentation to support your
wireframes? (eg, the tables that list out each interface item,
description, system response, error states, etc.) The same software
that you use to create the wireframes? (and if so, what software is
that?)

At my last company, we did wireframes in Visio and the element tables
in Word. So we had to paste the Visio wireframes into Word and update
two documents, which I hated. But Visio can't handle tables well, in
terms of wrapping the text, tabbing through them, etc.

2 Feb 2009 - 7:36pm
0
5 years ago
14 replies
Al Abut
2009

Preparing a presentation on Fireworks

I'm getting back into public speaking and giving a short presentation
next month on my design process in Fireworks, so I thought I'd
collect some questions from the list in advance.

9 Jan 2009 - 4:54pm
0
5 years ago
11 replies
isaacw
2009

Methods for Documenting RIAs

Greetings (my first post)!

As we continue to adopt asynchronous models of interaction (AJAX,
Flex/AIR, etc), documenting these has become much more complex and
dynamic. Would anyone mind sharing ideas or links?

So far, the best I've heard has been to rely more upon Wireframes and
Prototypes to communicate rich interaction -- however these still
feel insufficient for some reason...
http://assets.en.oreilly.com/1/event/16/Rich%20UX%20Documentation%
20Presentation.ppt

-isaacw

20 Aug 2008 - 10:44am
0
6 years ago
3 replies
Duncan Brown
2008

Anyone tried balsamiq?

Hey anyone tried this?

http://www.balsamiq.com/products/mockups

I have been using Illustrator for wireframes, but my company uses Confluence and Balsamiq plugs in to this.

I have always steered away from any 'templated' solutions preferring to roll my own

I will start an eval.

8 Jul 2008 - 4:55am
0
6 years ago
6 replies
Terms:
Liou Yamane
2008

Pencil: open-source wireframing Firefox add-on

Hi there,

I just found out about Pencil, an open-source wireframing tool that is available as Firefox addon (and standalone application). It looks very interesting and I love the fact that it's free. I have already mailed the author asking about possible improvements such as exporting interactive HTML pages or creating automatic annotation documentation. Obviously, I got my inspiration from Axure RP there.

19 Jun 2008 - 10:21am
0
6 years ago
25 replies
Terms:
Mike Rohde
2008

Sketching as a Wireframing Tool

Hello IXDA people,

I'm new to this list but am enjoying the conversations and topics. Thanks
for sharing your expertise everyone!

I'm wondering how many, if any of you use pencil/pen and paper to work out
wireframes?

13 Jun 2008 - 11:32am
0
6 years ago
14 replies
Terms:
oliver green
2006

Open source wireframe software

Hi All,

Any recommendations for an open source wireframe tool? Something that is
similar to Axure - the license is too expensive for me.

Thanks,
Oliver

Syndicate content Get the feed