Mint.com has been named a Times Top 50 Website, one of the Top 10 iPhone apps of 2010, won 4 Webby Awards, and received the best Personal Finance Tool from Money, Kiplingers, PC World and PC Magazine. If you want to be a leader within that team, work on a product with nearly 2 million users, and help build an international brand going forward, we’re interested.
We are maniacally focused on delivering a jaw-dropping experience with undeniable value for our users. Mint is looking for an extremely skilled and experienced Visual Interface designer that can make Mint as beautiful as it is functional. As a member of our Mint.com Product team, you will be involved in all aspects of the product lifecycle, from ideation to implementation. Specifically you will be working on the visual design of our product. This position requires interaction with the product design team, product managers, marketing and front-end engineering team.
Primary Responsibilities :
• Know Mint users - Your work should speak to them, make them feel at ease, using graphics and visual design appropriate to our audience. Work with the research and UX teams to learn about them, their platforms, their color sensitivities, and design a beautiful application that makes them feel good about looking at the ups and downs of personal finance.
• Think creatively - Design the best product on the web, and then make it even better. Focus on simple and clean experiences. Don't be afraid to explore non-conventional approaches to address conventional problems.
• Extend and continually improve a visual interface design system, and maintain the style guidelines that instruct a growing team's work
.• Apply your skills & use your tools - Collaborate with a team of designers, project managers, and engineers to provide sketches, concept visualizations, mock-ups, prototypes, specifications, and ultimately high-resolution, assets for beautiful user interfaces.
• Strong portfolio of proven, innovative, solid work
• Passion for Mint's mission . “Making it easier for people to achieve their financial goals and get to the life they want.”
• Expertise in the tools required to do your work, and the drive to maintain that expertise
.• 3-5 years of experience in application/product design
• Clear communication, collaboration and organizational skills
• BFA, Visual/Graphic Design preferred
• Knowledge of HTML/CSS