IxD background questions- area, education, work environment, career path
29 May 2010 - 1:01pm
3 years ago
After browsing thousands of posts and I still couldn’t find the answers I was looking for, I have decided to write my first post and wish some of you experts out there would be kind enough to share some insight (ok, I exaggerated, but still it’s a lot of reading)
- Are most IxD working on web interfaces/ application? What’s the proportion of IxD working on electronic gadgets as well as other types of non-electronics products?
- Does an IxD also do usability research i.e. evaluation study, field research etc?
- Does IxD usually work in a consulting company or large companies who have their own research groups, or?
- As an IxD, what’s your educational background? IxD/ HCI/ industrial design or anthropology/ business school/ unrelated?
- Last question, what is your career path before becoming an IxD? Do you actually start out as a junior IxD?
Btw if my questions are not specific enough for you to answer, please write something and let me know!