Group Product Manager - MTVN Digital Music
Channel: Digital Media
Department: Digital Music Service (URGE)
Location: New York
Job Type: Staff
Group Product Manager will serve as one of the senior Product Managers
for MTV Network's Digital Music Group, driving development of new
product from conception through execution.
In this capacity, he/she is responsible for creating industry-leading
music applications and experiences, marketing and conversion
mechanisms, e-commerce opportunities and community tools.
Group PM reports directly to the Director of Product Development,
Strategic Product Planning
• Research Marketplace and Competitive products to identify market needs
• Develop Project Requirements Documentation to define objectives,
scope, resource allocation and budget for Digital Music Group
• Liaise with MTVN Online production groups to integrate and extend
Digital Music products with existing Brands
• Evaluate third-party vendors and products to enhance user experience
and support core product development
• Work with Music Programming to develop innovative digital music
products to offer through the service and partner sites
• Supervise and mentor Product Management and Production Team
providing guidance through product development phases.
• Work with Production and Tech groups to assess the scope of each
project and create appropriate timelines, budgets and QA scripts.
• Manage ongoing product maintenance, content updates, product
enhancements and production throughout the product lifecycle.
• Strong understanding of major new media platforms and businesses.
• Background in both website development and desktop application development.
• Effective leadership skills to advance the company's mentoring and
employee development efforts.
• Ideal candidate will have a rich background in New Media within the
context of the Music and Entertainment industry.
• Must be creative and have excellent communication skills.
• Must be capable of managing many projects simultaneously.
• Candidates will be asked to submit samples of written production
MTV Networks is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/AAP.
Qualified Applicants should read full job description and apply
directly at: www.mtvncareers.com --- In addition, you may email
resumes with cover note to Digital Media Recruiter - Andrea.Lewis at mtvstaff.com