* Provide desktop and web application interface designs and/or
design consulting on teams from concept development through
* Define and design new products in new markets as well as
incremental re-work of current desktop and Internet-based products.
* Work closely with user researchers and product managers to
understand key user needs, set ease of use goals, and iterate until
those goals are met.
* Lead the design process, drive decisions, create schedules, and
* Deliver prototypes, mock-ups, and design specifications for your
designs ? while working hand-in-hand with user researchers.
* Perform design reviews and usability testing during various
phases of the product development to evaluate and iterate the
* Teach out best design practices across Intuit, in conjunction
with other UCD specialists
* Mentor more junior designers
* Develop strong relationship with business unit UCD teams and
other key organizational leaders
* Enjoy working closely with others, respectful of other
* Minimum BA/BS degree in Design, Human Factors, Cognitive
Psychology or related field.
* 5+ years of application interface design experience.
* Strong knowledge of interface design processes and methodology in
creating desktop and internet applications.
* Familiarity with one or more prototyping tools.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Must have strong project and people management skills and be able
to function as project leader as well as individual contributor.
* Proficiency with rapid prototyping tools such as PhotoShop,
Dreamweaver, Director, and Visual Basic.
* Proven track record of designing products/services that meet