Position title: Senior User Interface Designer
Location: San Francisco Bay Area (Mt. View, California)
Contact: nancy_falkenburg at intuit.com
- Provide desktop and web application interface designs and/or design
consulting on teams from concept development through delivery.
- Define and design new products in new markets as well as incremental
re-work of current desktop and Internet-based products.
- Work closely with user researchers and product managers to understand key
user needs, set ease of use goals, and iterate until those goals are met.
- Lead the design process, drive decisions, create schedules, and track
- Deliver prototypes, mock-ups, and design specifications for your designs ?
while working hand-in-hand with user researchers..
- Perform design reviews and usability testing during various phases of the
product development to evaluate and iterate the designs.
- Teach out best design practices across Intuit, in conjunction with other
- Mentor more junior designers
- Develop strong relationship with business unit UCD teams and other key
- Enjoy working closely with others, respectful of other perspectives
- Minimum BA/BS degree in Design, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology or
- 5+ years of application interface design experience.
- Strong knowledge of interface design processes and methodology in creating
desktop and internet applications.
- Familiarity with one or more prototyping tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have strong project and people management skills and be able to
function as project leader as well as individual contributor.
- Proficiency with rapid prototyping tools such as PhotoShop, Dreamweaver,
Director, and Visual Basic.
- Proven track record of designing products/services that meet user's needs