Flow Interactive is a leading provider of usability and
user-centred-design services in the UK. Our clients include BBC.co.uk,
BBCi, Vodafone, Yell, Design Council, the DfES among many others.
We don't just do web sites. We do software, mobile devices, hardware,
kitchen appliances, kiosks, interactive TV... www.flow-interactive.com
We have an opening for a consultant in our office in Highbury, London,
The job requires:
* UCD activities and usability knowledge: You have real, first-hand
experience running usability tests, and probably other UCD techniques
such as contextual enquiry or card sorting. You're keen on usability and
* Communications skills: You know how to be diplomatic, clear,
persuasive, firm and charming with clients and colleagues, and how to
prepare readable reports and deliver engaging presentations.
* Design thinking: You think in a creative, breadth first and
user-centred way to come up with innovative solutions to usability
problems. You are confident in visualising your ideas using software or
pen and paper.
Let's get a bit more precise...
* This job is about being a skilled practitioner, not a manager.
* YOU MUST BE ALREADY ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE UK. We can't get you a
visa and we can't fly you in for interviews.
* You need to be keen on running usability tests and/or other UCD
activities with real users and feel you have an aptitude for it.
* You need at least two years' experience in the field doing IA or
usability or production or design.
* You need to be outgoing and charismatic.
* You need a good degree. Postgraduate is better.
* You need good computer skills - Word, Powerpoint, Excel are second
nature to you. Photoshop, Dreamweaver and Visio/Illustrator are very
* A chance to work with top grade clients in real-world usability.
* A beautiful space to work in, and a small, friendly, UCD-obsessed
group of people to work with.
* Sanity: We do believe in allowing all our consultants to have a life,
as well as spending their time at work.
* A competitive salary, and a generous holiday allowance.
This e-mail is for the use of the intended recipient(s) only. If you
have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately
and then delete it. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not
read, use, disclose or distribute this e-mail without the author's prior
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
If you reply to this message, you will reply ONLY to the sender of the