JOB: Interaction Designer/Information Architect at Apples To Oranges (SF Bay Area/FT & contract)
8 Dec 2005 - 3:26pm
Interaction Designer/Information Architect
You love users. You have a passion for making the user experience as easy and as useful as possible. You're tired of 90% of the web that is difficult and confusing and, with just a little thought and user testing, could be so much better. You believe people just need to use things, not learn them.
Apples To Oranges, a San Francisco Bay Area web consultancy firm, is looking for an Interaction Designer and Information Architect to drive the development of our online applications and website projects. You will spearhead a user-centered design process and ensure that our products are easy to use and help users fulfill their needs. You'll be responsible for creating sitemaps and wireframes, perform user testing, develop prototypes, and ensure the final product meets industry usability practices. You will help forge our user testing process and ensure that this is carried out throughout the project.
Requirements and Skills
- Minimum 3 years interaction design experience
- Developing site architectures based on business goals and user needs
- Designing task flows and detailed page schematics
- Profiling users to understand their needs and their mental models
- Conducting user testing
- Prototyping mockups in html and on paper
- Working on projects end-to-end from initial project requirements to final refinements
- Master of a user-centered design process
- Proven success launching web sites/new products
- Visual design sensibilities
- Rapid prototyping skills (HTML, Dreamweaver, Flash, or other)
In addition to this permanent addition to our team, contract positions are also available immediately.
To apply, submit your cover letter telling us about your passion for improving user experiences, your resume and live examples of your work or portfolio to jobs at apples-to-oranges.com. Please reference Interaction Designer/Information Architect in the subject line.