Job posting - User Experience Designer, San Francisco
27 Oct 2005 - 3:41pm
Hi all -
I'm posting this for someone I've worked with in the past - the founders
are totally committed to the importance of design-driven development, so
this is a great startup opp for someone with strong opinions who wants to
fully own the product user experience.
SF-based Startup Seeks Talented User Experience Designer (Web/consumer)
- Have you wanted to make a bigger impact within a smaller organization?
- Have you been seeking a place where the user experience is treated as a
priority because the company's success depends on it?
- Are you interested in working closely with veteran entrepreneurs who
have been backed previously by Kleiner and Sequoia among others?
We are a venture-backed, stealth-mode startup based in San Francisco. Our
prototype consumer web platform is already in closed beta among thousands
of users in select cities across the country.
We are seeking a high-caliber, multi-talented User Experience Designer to
drive the continuing design and execution of our web user experience
targeted at families.
* Take ownership of our web user experience design and standards
* Translate product vision, high-level requirements, and user feedback
into a successful web user experience
* Drive all aspects of the design process, including production of all
deliverables - wireframes/mockups, HTML prototypes, stylesheets
* Work closely with a small, talented engineering team to support faithful
implementation and continuous improvement of the user experience
* Help gather feedback and reveal insights directly from customers through
surveys, user panels, usability testing, and website analytics
* Use your skills to support the success of the company in all areas,
including marketing, branding, and customer outreach
The ideal candidate is a design generalist who possesses strong web user
experience background, loves working in HTML, and is equally comfortable
collaborating closely with both product and engineering colleagues.
* 2+ years professional experience in UI, interaction, or user experience
design pertaining to web applications
* HTML, CSS, Adobe Photoshop, MS Powerpoint, MS Visio - expertise required
* Proven ability to work closely and successfully with product and
engineering staff in a software team environment required
* Previous work on consumer web applications strongly preferred
* Usability testing, user research, website analytics - experience a big plus
* Prior additional web publishing experience a big plus
* Previous startup experience a big plus
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
This is a full-time, permanent position based in San Francisco, CA. To
inquire, please send resume, cover letter, and link to portfolio of
previous work to dd_recruiting at yahoo.com.