Please consider posting your job description at the IA Institute Job Board.
IAI (http://www.IAInstitute.org) is the only professional organization
solely dedicated to information architecture professionals and our
membership serves as a qualified pool of candidates in this emerging field.
Posting job descriptions is free and will give you access to some of the
most experienced and proactive candidates in the IA community.
We are in search of an Assistant Webmaster to join our Google Team. I have
pasted the job description below for your review. Feel free to submit your
resume directly to me OR thru our Google Jobs site, www.google.com/jobs.
Thank you and look forward to your responses!
Google is looking for a creative, hardworking web developer with strong
artistic skills, technical knowledge, and impressive portfolio. The ideal
candidate will possess the ability to create web pages independently, but
also take direction in a team-based environment. This position requires a
utility player with strong graphic design abilities, a good sense of clean
strong hands-on HTML experience. Responsibilities include creating images,
drawing icons, and modifying screenshots to enhance Google's clean interface
as well as developing and maintaining online content.
* Create images, icons, and screenshots for online use.
* Develop and maintain corporate web pages.
* Respond to a variety of web-related requests across
* Fulfill several projects requests simultaneously while
meeting tight deadlines.
* High level of creativity and proficiency in Photoshop and
* Proven drawing/sketching abilities.
* Expert HTML skills.
* Technical knowledge of file sizes, types, and color formats.
* Experience implementing and maintaining web content.
* Keen eye for clean UI implementation and knowledge of
website design best practices.
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines in a dynamic,
* Ability to iterate quickly and synthesize feedback from
* Strong CGI scripting skills with experience in Unix
environment highly desired.