Experienced Information Architect
Growing fast paced and fun interactive agency is seeking Information
Architect to join our User Experience team. The successful candidate
will work with our Information Architecture Team to develop the online
and offline program elements for major brands.
We are looking for an Information Architecture and Usability focused
professional who has the ability to work well in a team environment,
takes initiative, creates solid documentation that drives
implementation, can think both strategically and functionally, and
always has the end user and client in mind.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Works with Customer & brand experience managers, clients, and other
project team members to develop effective information architecture and
navigational/interaction design requirements for relationship
marketing programs and associated tactics including branded and
unbranded web sites, interactive banners and a wide range of other
interactive channel elements (e.g. IVR).
· Helps strategy and account services groups brainstorm project
requirements and scope
· Performs content analysis, task analysis, task modeling, and usage
scenarios to help establish the blueprint for the elements of the
· Creates and documents information design concepts and solutions,
including wireframes, flow diagrams, site maps, functional specs,
storyboards, and rapid prototypes that serve as the blueprint for
content, creative and technology to implement
· Supports usability testing activities and understands user testing
approaches and how to use this information to inform information
architecture and interaction design
· Develops the information architecture and supports the interaction
design for various types of advanced transactions, such as searches,
profiling, and database-served Web pages.
· Maintains consistent focus on exceptional customer service, working
to ensure that all information architecture practices effectively and
directly address client needs.
· Works to develop expertise in information architecture and
interaction design, then uses overall design process.
· Stays abreast of trends in the discipline as well as industry news
and developments, and helps develop briefings for clients and staff as
Leads sections of project development as they relate to information
architecture and supervises the day-to-day activities of the project
team as it relates to information architecture. Plans and leads
project meetings when required.
· From 3- 5 years of increasing responsibility in a complex
information architecture design environment.
· Strong, demonstrated understanding of innovative graphical user
interface design, information design, and interactive design
methodologies and Web technologies.
· Strong portfolio of documentation that led to an end-product that
fulfilled the customers' and client's goals
· Thoroughly proficient in Visio; proficient in Dreamweaver and other
· Excellent communication, organization and time-management skills
Required: The Senior IA candidate should have demonstrated
expertise in content delivery options for business web sites,
including solid HTML skills, database-driven pages, the use of
content management platforms, and personalization engines.
Knowledge of how to leverage metadata and information taxonomies for
a more intelligent user experience is highly desirable. Candidates
must also truly excel in creative thinking and oral and written
communications, with special focus on writing and optimizing content
to maximize its effectiveness online. You will be required to
develop site maps, wire frames and other documentation. You will
work closely with LDS strategists and visual designers. You must
demonstrate leadership in forging IA concepts across the
organization, as well as mentor junior IAs. Excellent project
management skills required.
A bachelor's degree, preferably in human-computer interactions,
information architecture, English, psychology, communications or