Job: Senior/Lead User Experience Architect, Pasadena, CA, USA
8 Mar 2005 - 2:53pm
User Experience Architect
Experience: 7+ years (highly experienced will also be considered)
Location: Pasadena, CA, USA
Stock Options : Yes
The User Experience Architect will apply principles of user-centered design
to develop user interfaces. You will have knowledge of customer tasks,
product functionality requirements, user interface architecture, 3rd party
and competitors' user interface designs, as well as industry interface
standards. In this role you will work with a cross functional product
development team to define functional, interface, and design requirements.
The position calls for someone with strong application design experience,
ability to work on multiple projects, and a desire to bring next generation
information management into being. In this role you will own the user
interface and build the user experience team from the ground up. This is an
* Produce design specifications, storyboards, scenarios, and design
* Create, evaluate, and modify low-fidelity prototypes to support
development process. Facilitate iterative testing of prototypes.
* Create process flows, screen prototypes, and functional
* Review user experience design to ensure it complies with business
* Identify changes in scope or functionality as they arise.
* Incorporate customer and market feedback into future product
* Conduct usability research and translate findings into product
* Conduct, and participate in, concept generation activities,
including the development of user profiles, user scenarios, organizational
models, task models, prototypes, and feature lists.
* Work in multidisciplinary teams to map user research, test findings,
and input from product managers to business objectives.
* Successfully communicate conceptual ideas, detailed design, and
design rationale, both verbally and visually.
* Work with development teams to ensure that the technical development
adheres to the user requirements.
* Work closely with the QA Lead to create a functional test plan of
the integrated "beta" release, and with the Project Manager to plan user
* BA, or equivalent, in Information Architecture, Human Factors
Engineering, Cognitive Science or equivalent, and/or in visual,
architectural, or industrial design.
* Minimum of 4 years as a key designer of desktop software for the
* Proven communication and organization skills, with the ability to
work well in a team setting.
* Knowledge of enterprise content management products.
* Strong skills in rapid prototyping and iterative design process.
* Expert knowledge of interface design standards and best practices.
* Deep understanding of the perspectives and needs of the customers
for each supported project (e.g., business goals, pain points, frequency of
* Understanding of product management practices, such as competitive
market research, customer needs analysis, business case definition, for
emerging software products.
* Group facilitation and stakeholder interviewing.
* Experience with graphical diagramming tools, such as Visio,
Illustrator, and Photoshop.
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
* A passion for creating products that resonate on an emotional level.