Senior User Experience Designer
This role will be part of a multi-disciplinary team of user experience designers, visual designers and product managers committed to developing innovative, easy-to-use, best-of-breed next-generation weather media production applications.
• Develop and iterate user interaction concepts through wireframe mockups, storyboards, and/or prototypes (paper and/or online).
• Design user interface details, including creating wireframe mockups and writing detailed user interaction specifications for new functionality and behaviors. Maintain and update design specifications during development.
• Track progress and work with User Experience Designers and Product Managers to resolve design challenges.
• Work with development, product managers, marketing, and customers to evaluate, prioritize and clarify requirements and future enhancements.
• Work closely with development on implementation issues and resolve all questions of software behavior.
• Implement relevant industry standards and best practices into WSI products and the development process.
• Participate in and/or lead usability testing/user research activities.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Factors, User Interaction Design, Information Design, or a related discipline.
• 5+ years experience as an interaction designer or user interface designer, preferably for desktop graphics software applications and/or graphics software applications for broadcasters.
• Experience designing interactive applications for Windows and Web platforms.
• Experience in user research including formal usability testing.
• Experience in developing User Models and application designs from initial conception to product release.
• Experience with all flavors of user-centered design methodologies and processes including:
• Development of customer use cases and extraction of requirements.
• Diagramming of business processes and interaction flows.
• Design and implementation of usability studies.
Experience understanding and interpreting complex processes. • Strong writing and presentation skills as well as demonstrable visual communication skills.
• Ability to interact effectively with other design professionals as well as developers.
• Experience creating wireframe mockups using Visio, Adobe InDesign, or similar products.
• Must be self-motivated to prioritize and manage work load, and meet critical project milestones and deadlines.
• Broadcast industry knowledge and/or weather industry knowledge a plus.
• Experience with video, animation and 3D modeling products a plus.
• Visual design and/or mobile design experience a plus.
Core WSI Attributes:
• Ethical conduct & integrity
• Customer focused
• Results oriented
• Innovative and strategic thought
• Technical & professional competence
WSI is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, the presence of non-job related medical condition or handicap, or any legally protected status.