JOB; Sr. Interaction Designer; San Francisco, CA; Hotwire.com; Full Time
5 Feb 2010 - 1:51pm
If you are interested in working with extraordinary people in one of the fastest growing e-commerce categories, join The Hotwire Group, which includes Hotwire.com, Travel-Ticker.com, and CarRentals.com. As a travel provider laser-focused on low prices, our business has not been impacted negatively by the current recession - in fact, we are growing faster than ever. At The Hotwire Group, we mix creativity, analytics, and a casual (albeit driven) environment in order to get new products and services to market quickly. We are passionate, we are fun, and we are even conveniently located! At 655 Montgomery in San Francisco, just across from the Transamerica Pyramid, we are just a short walk from BART, MUNI, and the Ferry Building. The Hotwire Group is a wholly owned subsidiary of Expedia, Inc. (NASDAQ: EXPE). For more information, visit http://www.hotwire.com.
Hotwire.com is looking for a full-time senior interaction designer for Hotwire's User Experience team. The UX team at Hotwire creates user experience solutions for Hotwire.com (our flagship), Travel-ticker.com, CarRentals.com as well as numerous extranets, deals management tools and customer care admin sites.
The User Experience team resides within Hotwire's Product team. As a result, you will have early influence into projects and will work collaboratively with product managers and customer care to develop experiences that meet business objectives and the needs of the consumer.
The right candidate should be able to develop big ideas, and execute flawlessly against them in a highly collaborative environment. Additionally, we are looking for someone to design interfaces that are engaging, follow usability best practices and reinforce Hotwire's visual brand.
* Understand and advocate for the needs of online travel customers, particularly the Hotwire customer
* Translate new project concepts into a coherent and engaging design that meets the user and business needs
* Communicate interface design elements through the organization
* Ensure that the product is delivered on time and with a consistent, user-driven design.
* Working closely with product managers and a product development team to define product direction and UX requirements
* Create and revise information architecture and interaction design documents, including: Conceptual IA documentation, site maps, concept diagrams, user personas or profiles, user scenarios, wireframes, flows, site inventory, template guidelines
* Facilitate usability research for new and existing projects, and accommodate findings into your designs
* Leverage Hotwire's business model and data into user experience solutions
* 4-6 years experience designing consumer oriented web-based interfaces
* Strong communication skills are essential
* Knowledge of user-centered design principles, web design best practices and web standards
* Understanding of complex e-commerce businesses, preferably with travel industry experience
* Demonstrated ability to define and lead strategic and complex transactional interfaces
* Demonstrated ability to develop big ideas, and execute flawlessly against them in a highly collaborative environment
* Demonstrated experience using web analytics data to inform design decisions
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and meet aggressive deadlines
* Knowledge of Visio or Omnigraffle
* BS/BA in Design, HCI or related degree preferred
* A portfolio is required.
Hotwire, an equal opportunity employer, offers an exciting opportunity for qualified career-motivated professionals. We provide competitive compensation, performance bonus, and the chance to work with talented people in a winning, successful, and pleasant environment. We offer many premium benefits including 401(k) with an employer match, medical, dental and life insurance, vacation, sick time, and much more