Intuit is a leading software provider of business and financial management solutions for small and mid-sized businesses, consumers and accounting professionals. You probably know us by our flagship products, QuickBooks(r), Quicken(r) and QuickTax(r)/TurboTax(r), but that's just the start. We are currently going through a fundamental transformation from a shrink-wrapped software company to one of the country's leading providers of web-based applications and solutions.
STAFF INTERACTION DESIGNER
Come join Intuit as part of the Financial Management Solutions Web Group as a Staff Interaction Designer. (Req. 68816-Located in Mountain View, CA.) We are looking for creative problem solvers with a passion for innovation to join our team and revolutionize the way the world does business.
We are looking for a strong interaction designer to help transform Intuit's web-based financial application for small business. Candidate will turn ideas into amazing designs that delight our customers, by solving important customer problems end-to-end, being easy and efficient to use, and delivering emotional engagement and unexpected wow.
· Apply strategic thinking to deliver end-to-end user experience solutions with a focus on user needs and business goals Directly responsible for delivering all aspects of design, from defining customer needs to delivering concepts and prototypes to UI specifications
· Turn visions into concepts and translate those concepts into designs that illustrate simplicity despite system complexity. Utilize industry design standards and best practices to define and implement design criteria, design guidelines, and design specs
· Use judgment to suggest solutions that optimize among customer needs, business constraints and technological realities
· Stay up to date with new technologies and industry trends
· Collaborate effectively with designers, researchers, engineering, product management, marketing, and other team members
· Use facilitative leadership skills to drive to the best outcome for stakeholders, resulting in others learning from you, and inspiring others to want to work with you
· Participate in and foster the Intuit Experience Design Community
· Minimum BA/BS degree in product/interaction design, human factors, graphic design or related field
· 7+ years of user interface design experience with consumer applications, preferably rich web apps/sites.
· Experience in delivering high-volume, high-profile, or award-winning web sites or products
· Extensive knowledge and experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes while working collaboratively with cross-functional teams including engineering, product management, and user research
· Expertise with design tools, such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver
· Proficient in a variety of methods to convey ideas and concepts (e.g. wireframes, prototypes, etc)
· Effective communicator, presenter, and negotiator
· Creative problem-solver with the ability to work with a blank slate and inspire others
· Knowledge of web-based technologies and their impact on the feasibility of design solutions
· Hands-on knowledge of Flex, Ajax, Flash, DHTML, CSS, scripting, and various other technologies a plus
· Strong portfolio available for viewing
We are hiring for several UX roles in addition to the role outlined in detail below. The initiatives these positions will be working on are leading Intuit's Seas/Cloud strategy: Social/Web 2.0, Global, and Mobile.
2) Mobile Staff Interaction Designer to work on our new Mobile team, to work across all of our product lines at Intuit-Mobile experience and strong interaction portfolio required: http://budurl.com/k68s <http://budurl.com/k68s>
Learn more about our award winning workplace and how we give back to our local and global communities. Discover what it's like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. Join us and let your ingenious ideas be heard. How far can you think? www.intuitcareers.com <http://www.intuitcareers.com/>