Intuit is a leading software provider of business and financial management solutions for small and mid-sized businesses, consumers and accounting professionals. You probably know us by our flagship products, QuickBooks(r), Quicken(r) and QuickTax(r)/TurboTax(r), but that's just the start. We are currently going through a fundamental transformation from a shrink-wrapped software company to one of the country's leading providers of web-based applications and solutions.
MOBILE DESIGN STRATEGIST/ARCHITECT
Come join Intuit as part of the CTO team as a Mobile Design Leader, Req. 68462-Located in Mountain View, CA.) We are looking for creative problem solvers with a passion for innovation to join our team and revolutionize the way the world does business.
Intuit is seeking a Mobile Design Strategist/Architect to help us produce useful and delightful mobile experiences. The hands-on Mobile Designer is responsible for inspiring and helping guide the company-wide Mobile initiative. He/she will work with the Advanced Mobile Engineering team and more junior designers and researchers to design and build world-class mobile experiences. In addition, this individual will work with leaders across Intuit in product management, engineering, design and other disciplines to help establish Intuit as an inspiring, effective leader in delivering great mobile experiences.
The Mobile Design Architect/Strategist will have a proven track record in inspiring others to get behind a strategic vision. He/she will bring deep knowledge of ideation, prototyping, frameworks and customer research in the mobile design space. The leader will effectively use these methods to produce great mobile designs and teach and coach others in these methods.
This leader will have a broad network and excellent reputation with influential industry and academia contacts; and demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with a variety of business leaders, technology leaders, product managers and other key people.
All Intuit leaders bring functional/technical skills, but equally important they lead through personal values consistent with Intuit's corporate values. The chosen Mobile Design Architect will have strong leadership and change management skills, including a hands-on, non-bureaucratic leadership style; open and frequent communications at all levels of the organization; the ability to both drive and collaborate across multiple business and functional units, and a genuine sensitivity to the development needs of the organization.
* 10+ years of significant track record in defining and delivering great user experiences
* 5+ years of experience in designing and delivering great mobile experiences
* Extensive experience designing: messaging, mobile web, and/or on-device mobile applications, including workflow, information architecture, and UI components.
* Extensive experience with designing for different mobile input technologies (touch, multi-touch, voice, etc)
* Demonstrated ability to paint a vision for design and deliver on it, and success in driving change in a matrixed environment
* Master's in design, HCI or related fields; or equivalent experience
* Excellent command of: user experience methods, design principles, problem-framing skills, verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to masterfully articulate/define/integrate the role of design
* Exemplary ability to build positive, collaborative relationships across teams/groups/functions through facilitative leadership, and to "raise the bar" continually as an effective leader of positive change
* Strong track-record of developing and hiring great people
* Experience, comfort and track-record in dealing at all levels in a large organization, and in leading both through influence and hands-on ownership
We are hiring for several UX roles in addition to the role outlined in detail below. The initiatives these positions will be working on are leading Intuit's Seas/Cloud strategy: Social/Web 2.0, Global, and Mobile.
2) Mobile Staff Interaction Designer to work on our new Mobile team, to work across all of our product lines at Intuit-Mobile experience and strong interaction portfolio required: http://budurl.com/k68s <http://budurl.com/k68s>
Learn more about our award winning workplace and how we give back to our local and global communities. Discover what it's like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. Join us and let your ingenious ideas be heard. How far can you think? www.intuitcareers.com <http://www.intuitcareers.com/>