Product Research Consultant (Web experience) - Minnetonka, MN-315111
OptumHealth is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group
one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
If you want more meaning in your career - as a clinician or a business
professional - think of OptumHealth as your calling.
By providing 60 million Americans with information, tools and solutions, we
are helping to guide them through the health care system, financing their
health care needs, and enabling them to achieve their personal health and
Consumers, employers, health plans and health care professionals rely on
OptumHealth Financial Services offerings to make health care more accessible
and more affordable. Our products and services include Health Savings
Accounts, Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Reimbursement Arrangements, and
electronic payment services.
The Web Experience Consultant will lead web user research initiatives to
deliver best in class web experiences for our customer groups including
employers, consumers, brokers and payers.
- Serve as the business representative to multiple web projects,
representing business needs and facilitating collaboration between other
business stakeholders and development teams.
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers and users through
qualitative and quantitative research and analysis. Support online product
development activities with information about users needs and behaviors.
- Evaluate the user experiences provided by OptumHealth Financial
System and competitors to help develop and inform the organization
- Online goals and objectives (e.g. using usability testing, heuristic
evaluation, standards and guidelines reviews).
- Manage and coordinate vendors that may be engaged on web or user
experience projects including design, research and evaluation firms.
- Develop and lead regular analysis and reporting of web metrics and user
experience key performance indicators for the OHFS web program.
- Assist Project Managers to ensure that web development initiatives stay
on course and on budget.
- Identify and help capture requirements from sales, product, marketing
and operations groups and translate into web requirements that are agreed
upon by all stakeholders.
- Work with Business Analysts, Business Architects and System Architects
on requirements and process design, as well as marketing and sales to
develop and execute web launch plans and materials.
- Contribute to the OptumHealth Financial System web experience strategy
and product roadmaps.
- Serve as an internal subject matter expert on web capabilities within
the health care financial services space.
At OptumHealth, you will perform within an innovative culture that's focused
on transformational change in the health care system. You will leverage your
skills across a diverse and multi-faceted business. And you will make
contributions that will have an impact that's greater than you've ever
- 3+ years in web product development including experience with websites
and web applications.
- 2+ years experience with significant involvement in leading and
conducting qualitative and quantitative user research for interactive
products and/or websites.
- 2+ years experience conducting analysis of web traffic data using
analytics tools like WebTrends, Omniture, Tealeaf, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of web design best practices and emerging web
- Experienced in user-centered design methods and techniques.
- Proven ability to work effectively within cross-functional teams in
- Strong written and verbal communication, analytical and organizational
skills. Able to work with and communicate with all levels of the
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented individual who is adaptable to changes
and requires minimal direction.
- Experience with web portals and content management systems strongly
- Health care and/or financial services experience a plus.
- Bachelor's degree required.
*Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer
*UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to
pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in
certain positions are subject to random drug testing.*