Our client, a Global Media Company is looking for UX Design Lead with 5-10
yrs experience. This is a full time, on-site, salaried position located in
New York City paying to $125,000 per year + benefits. Locals only please.
* Mange the effort to research and analyze user characteristics and needs
through such techniques as user profiling competitive analysis contextual
inquiries, and task analysis.
* Participate on a team to develop use case scenarios that support product
* Lead the effort to design innovative, conceptual prototypes that translate
product requirements into screen flows and user interactions that constitute
the user experience.
* Lead the effort to prepare for, facilitate, and analyze the results of
usability tests of the conceptual and detailed designs.
* Iterate, based on frequent user feedback, the conceptual designs into
* Collaborate with several functional areas to ensure the integrity of the
design and the translation of the design into a usable product.
* Develop appropriate design documentation throughout the product lifecycle,
including UX strategy documents, user interface prototypes, user interface
specifications, site maps, flow diagrams, wireframes, and usability findings
* Communicate design to all levels of the organization through facilitating
design sessions, conducting design walkthroughs, and presenting designs to
* Mentor other designers.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
* Bachelors degree in related discipline preferred.
* 5-8 years of experience in Interaction Design, Usability Engineering,
Information Architecture, or UI Design of web based applications.
* Strong understanding of the user-centered design process.
* Strong organizational, listening, communication and interpersonal skills.
* Solid ability to generate design concepts and expand them into a detailed
* Solid ability to translate usability research findings into design
* Solid ability to apply rapid iterative design and innovation team
methodologies in a small team environment in order to rapidly iterate new
product concepts based on user feedback sessions.
* Experience with industry tools for generating UI prototypes, UI
specifications, flow diagrams, and wireframes.
* Experience with Section 508 and WAI guidelines.
* Familiarity working with visual designers a plus.
TO APPLY: The absolute best way to apply for this job would be to not only
submit your resume and/or portfolio or samples, but to elaborate on how your
experience relates to the job description along with your salary
requirements to beau-AT-open-source-staffing.com - These applications will
get noticed first and will get sent to our client first.