Director of User Experience Opening, Retail Convergence, Boston, MA
1 Dec 2009 - 2:32pm
Retail Convergence, Inc. (Rue La La and Smartbargains)
Director of User Experience
Rue La La is the leader in transforming online retail with a
high-growth, dynamic business model that is changing everything you
might think about shopping. Rue La La is an exclusive, invitation-only
online destination. A place where Members delight in discovering private
sale Boutiques that open daily with a rush and promptly close 2 days
later. A community where Members shape the experience by inviting their
friends. A collection of premier brands that is well-edited, ever
changing, and highly desirable. And an experience that is nothing short
Our mission is to partner with premier brands (currently over 300 of the
best and counting), offering them a powerful online selling opportunity
by enabling them to move merchandise in a private selling environment.
But we do so with one key mantra - we respect and maintain the core
integrity of each and every brand we partner with.
The Director of User Experience will be responsible for creating
innovative user experience solutions for Rue La La with the objective of
engaging our Members with our brand. We're looking for someone who
always thinks of the user first, someone with a sophisticated aesthetic
sense, a dedication to innovation, and a love of design and technology.
You'll be joining a collaborative group that prides itself on the
excellence of everything they do, that respects and protects the
integrity of the world-class fashion and lifestyle brands we feature,
and has fun together doing it. The ideal candidate will have a proven
track record of execution and delivery of product that combines strong
usability with an engaging experience. You will be responsible for
working with key stakeholders to identify and develop the features and
functions of the site and define the overall user experience. You will
work closely with the Creative Director as well as senior level
executives to determine and support the most effective and engaging site
experience. This is a managerial role, responsible for building and
directing a team of UX Designers. This position reports into the SVP
* Accountable for the vision, strategy, and execution of the user
experience aligned with brand, marketing and business objectives.
* Portray subject matter expertise in the areas of information
architecture, online user behavior and analytics, usability testing, and
industry standard user experience best practices.
* Provide innovative, customer centric, information and visual
design recommendations that contribute to an enhanced user experience.
* Create and maintain user experience documentation such as
competitive site analyses, user personas, site maps, detailed navigation
flow, and detailed functional wireframes.
* Work collaboratively with Creative Director, Designers and
Developers to conceptualize, design, and implement ideas.
* Evaluate the effectiveness of new and existing products &
features, performance metrics, customer feedback, competitive landscape,
and industry standard best practices in order to continuously evolve and
improve our online brand presence and user experience.
* Define, approve and enforce the user experience design and best
* Manage the User Experience team priorities, establish level of
effort estimates and manage the team accordingly.
* Build motivate, challenge, and inspire team members to deliver
on expectations and goals, while fostering a creative, efficient and
collaborative team environment.
* Bachelor of Arts / Sciences degree or equivalent experience.
* A minimum of 8 years of experience for consumer facing products,
* A minimum of 3-5 years of management experience, overseeing a
successful UX team.
* Demonstrated ability to develop big conceptual ideas and execute
against them to create innovative user experience solutions in a highly
* Thorough understanding of best practices in web design and user
interface/information architecture conventions.
* Strong knowledge of UX deliverables such as site maps,
wireframes, flow charts personas, functional specifications, and style
* Experience with formal and informal usability testing.
* Solid understanding of what advanced web technology can do, and
the ability to recommend where to use it
* Strong interpersonal skills, with the proven ability to interact
effectively with all levels within the organization.
* Ability to thrive on rapid design and development cycles.
* Desire to keep abreast of the latest in the world of fashion,
ecommerce, social networking and interaction design
Please note our new address below, we've moved as of August 10th.
20 Channel Center 3rd Floor Boston, MA 02210
P 617.456.2967F 617.695.7391C 617.314.2921
This communication is intended only for the intended recipient and may
contain information that is confidential. Any review, dissemination,
copy or disclosure, other than by the intended recipient, is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please
contact the sender and delete this communication and any attachments.