[JOBS] UE Designer for Hands-On Mobile - San Francisco, CA - Full Time
17 Nov 2009 - 6:26pm
The Hands-On Mobile Design Group is an interdisciplinary team which is
defining and delivering the future of mobile user experiences. As a
member of the team you will work closely with product management and
product development to create compelling, rich mobile applications for
top tear brands, for distribution across all the major carriers.
Our ideal candidate will have at least 3+ years experience with User
Interface design processes and methodology, and be able to visualize
concepts quickly and clearly. Recent mobile design experience is
essential. Familiarity with Smartphone standards and guidelines is not
necessary, but is a plus.
Demonstrated experience designing compelling consumer experiences is
required. Please include sample wires, URL's or screen shots of recent
* Produce Information Architecture, screen mockups, flow
* Experiment with new interaction patterns that push the
* Define compelling consumer-focused user experiences that
invite and promote continued usage.
* Lead in creating UI standards and guidelines for a new mobile
* Work side-by-side with visual designers to ensure the overall
creative solution delivers on user requirements.
* Take creative direction to deliver a consistent high-quality
* Applying user-centered design processes to develop high
quality user flows, wireframes and reusable interface components
* Assisting in setting product direction and UI requirements
based on business and user needs
* Working closely with the Product Management organization to
develop the desired functionality to ensure that product requirements
* Demonstrate flexibility working with various types of
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in user
interaction/interface/human factors or similar field or equivalent
* 3+ years designing consumer experiences for web, desktop or
mobile. Mobile experience a must.
* Demonstrated strength in interaction design.
* Experience with web and desktop applications a must.
* Recent mobile design experience is essential. Familiarity
with Smartphone standards and guidelines is not necessary, but is a
* Ability to thrive in a highly collaborative, fast-paced,
* Creative problem solving skills and the ability to generate
solid design ideas. You must know how to trade off user and technical
needs against pure creative inspiration.
* Proficiency with Flash for user interface prototyping a plus.
* Mastery of user-centered design process and expert interaction
* Ability to work independently and collaboratively
If this job sounds like you and you think you can add value to our
fantastic team, then apply to jobs at handson.com including your resume and