[JOB] Information Architect, Calgary AB Canada, Shaw Communications, Full time
9 Oct 2009 - 11:27am
Western Canada's leading entertainment and communications company is
looking to hire an Information Architect to head up the IA/UX division
of our Web Solutions team working out of our Calgary Corporate office.
Working on innovative sites, living in one of Canada's most beautiful
cities, close to the Rocky Mountains, great restaurants and cultural
night life - this role has excellent compensation and a premier benefits
package including extensive health & dental coverage, stock options (ft
only), Employee Share Purchase Plan, employer-paid pension plan, Shaw
products & services discount, social events and much more! If you are
interested - please read on and apply today!
Reporting to the Manager, Web Solutions, the successful candidate will
be responsible for creating great customer experiences through creating
workable and innovative online properties. You must have proven skills
in user-centered design methodologies, wireframing, heuristics, site
evaluations, taxonomy, communication, collaboration, a strong visual
design sense, prototyping, and a passion for analyzing and presenting
* Understand and translate customer requirements into the creation
of workable, detailed and functionally innovative wireframes
* Influence product strategy and direction through understanding
of business and user priority
* Conceptualize then create user-flows, use case scenarios,
navigation maps, and prototypes
* Work closely with key stakeholders to ensure their requirements
are being met
* Work closely with Development to ensure ideas are being
communicated clearly and executionable
* Have ability to confidently bring new ideas to the stakeholders
and immediate team
* Act as the leader for obtaining information on new, innovative
and best-practice concepts
* Participate in customer research while providing strategies for
incorporating feedback into actionable solutions
* Work closely with the team during creation, production and
testing of all sites
* Complete targeted milestones in a timely fashion
* Various other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
* A minimum of two years experience in an interactive agency or
* One year minimum in a commercial software environment
* Formal education in Interaction Design, Product Design,
Industrial Design, or related field
* High degree of creativity, interaction design and problem
* Clear, organized, confident, well-structured and persuasive
* Proven knowledge of user interface design principles, Human
Factors, User-Centered design practice
* Experience working within an agile environment
* Extremely high attention to detail
* Proven team player
* A solid portfolio of work and samples of interaction design and
* Proficiency with visual design tools like Illustrator
* Experience using prototyping software like Flash, Flex,
Dreamweaver an asset
* Effective time management skills with the ability to prioritize
work and meet deadlines, managing multiple projects running
* Excellent attention to detail with the ability to handle
multiple assignments effectively and efficiently.
* Ability to work independently and within a team in a fast-paced,
rapidly changing environment.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
* A positive, friendly manner and customer service approach that
will enable you to deal with challenging situations with empathy and
* A desire to learn and share
If you value a workplace that promotes accountability, exemplifies
loyalty and never compromises integrity, then start your career with us.
Please apply by October 22nd, 2009, by:
1. visiting www.shaw.ca/careers.
2. Clicking on 'career opportunities' and search for 'Web Solutions'
under the 'Job Category' section (right hand side).
3. Registering then submitting your resume, cover letter and any
portfolio work (in a PDF or we blink). The job number is J0809-0902.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates
will be contacted.
This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and
credit background check.
Shaw Communications, through its third party vendor, collects and stores
information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you
submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the
collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and
placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject
to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The
information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a
secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the
archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year
Megan Munro-Horne, BCS
Lead, Web Solutions
Shaw Communications Inc.
Phone : (403) 234.6237
E-mail : megan.munro at sjrb.ca <mailto:megan.munro at sjrb.ca>
ACCOUNTABLE BALANCE CUSTOMER FOCUSED INTEGRITY LOYALTY
POSITIVE, CAN DO ATTITUDE TEAM PLAYER