JOB: Sr. UX Designer, Seattle, WA, Recruiter, Full Time
17 Sep 2009 - 6:29pm
If your dream design job involves working with a cutting edge digital
music product on a small, tight-knit team that values design excellence,
then we have a phenomenal opportunity for you. FILTER is seeking a
Senior UX Designer with at least 3 years of relevant industry experience
for a direct hire position in Seattle.
This job requires someone who can truly own all aspects of the UX and
graphic design for an exciting, innovative cloud media platform. The
Senior UX Designer will join a small project team and will exercise
ownership of the user experience from end to end. Tasks will include
research and analysis, conceptual sketches and prototyping, detailed UI/
graphic design and usability testing.
If you'd rather dive in head first than just stick your toes in the
water when it comes to user experience design then this job is for you.
Get in touch with FILTER.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
* Addressing the UX and graphic design requirements of a complex
* Leading and owning the entire user experience
* Communicating the design vision and rationale to senior
internal and external audiences and the development team
* Working collaboratively with the implementation team
throughout the product life-cycle to ensure design goals are achieved
SKILLS YOU'LL NEED
* Portfolio of work showing evidence of UX design and graphic
* 3+ years relevant industry experience
* Fluency with standard UX and graphic design tools including
OmniGraffle, Balsamiq, Silverback, Adobe CS3, etc.
XHTML) with expertise in advanced client-side programming technologies a
bonus (ActionScript / Flex / Flash)
* A passion for enhancing the aesthetic enjoyment of digital
* Talented, creative and innovative thinker with the aptitude
and skills to address the UX and graphic design requirements of a
complex multi-platform project
* Ability to lead and to communicate design vision and rationale
* Adept at leveraging platform-specific design patterns and
creatively navigating technology constraints across desktop, web and
* Ability and desire to work at a range of scopes, from
high-level sketches and UI wireframes through to detailed user interface
and graphic design
* An enthusiastic and empathetic user advocate who will work
collaboratively with the implementation team throughout the product
life-cycle to ensure design goals are achieved
* Ability to translate design elements into implementation
artifacts with an eye for detail and consistency
A BIT ABOUT FILTER
FILTER is a full-service creative resources company that connects
industry-leading companies with the very best creative talent throughout
the West Coast. Offering both creative staffing services and interactive
media design and production, FILTER helps clients to make their ideas a
reality and complete their projects with more speed, flexibility and
cost efficiency. The company is headquartered in Seattle and has branch
offices in Portland, San Francisco and Los Angeles. FILTER has been
serving the creative community, including top consumer brands and
technology companies as well as leading design, advertising and
interactive agencies, for the past two decades.
We will review your resume and portfolio and contact you if your skills
and experience appear to be a good fit.