[JOB] Information Architect at the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation in Toronto, Canada - Full Time
16 Sep 2009 - 5:51pm
7 years ago
CBC (CBC.ca), the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, is Canada's
National Public Broadcaster. We are looking for an Information
Architect to join our User Experience Design Team in the Digital
As the Information Architect you will be part of a team responsible
for guiding the design and delivery of architecture and usability of
the entire CBC.ca website as well as specific website sections and
other CBC digital products and services. You will work closely with
a broad range of internal and external stakeholders to define
information architecture and usability requirements for products and
services in development and ensure that all of CBC's digital
products and services meet a high level of information architecture
and usability standards. Finally you must maintain a strong
awareness of industry trends, competitor developments and changes in
the field of information architecture and usability through an
ongoing process of research, information gathering and personal
The Information Architect is expected to:
- Research and design the information architecture recommendations
as well as detailed wireframes for CBC.ca websites and other digital
products in development.
- Author project documentation including conceptual diagrams,
wireframes, site maps, interaction flows, storyboards and content
- Collaborate with designers, technical developers, project managers
and other teams to deliver outstanding products.
- Research and document information architecture industry standards
and best practices.
- Contribute to the development, maintenance, and continuous
improvement of efficient & effective usability methodology/process,
documentation, workflow, ROI, metrics and design standards.
- Act as the Information Architecture advocate and consultant to
project teams - providing expert guidance and leading thinking around
regarding principles of information architecture and user-centered
- Analyze audience research data and identify information and
- University or College degree in human factors/usability and/or
- Minimum 2 years related information architecture / human factors /
usability working experience.
- At least 1 year experience in the role of information architect/
user experience lead /interface design lead.
- Experience applying research and analysis to support information
architecture recommendations and design.
- Proven understanding of user-centered design techniques &
demonstrated ability to incorporate UCD principles into the
information architecture and design of user interfaces.
- Extensive knowledge of front-end interactive design solutions and
working knowledge of capabilities of different platforms and browsers
and their design constraints on the Web.
- Expertise in Visio (or other similar application) and all MS Office
- Demonstrated ability in gathering and translating website
requirements from stakeholders.
- A high level of interpersonal and communications skills and the
ability to form partnerships and lead towards successful information
architecture and usability recommendations both with internal and
- Experience with both large and small scale projects
- Ability to provide creative solutions balancing user, business and
- Strong creative, problem solving and conceptual skills.
- Logical, analytical and detail oriented.
- Strong ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Ability and willingness to travel occasionally.
- Ability to occasionally work on evenings, weekends and holidays as
required to meet deadlines.
We recognize the importance of a diverse workforce and we therefore
encourage applications from Aboriginal Peoples, women, members of a
visible minority and persons with a disability.
We thank applicants for their interest, however, only those selected
for an interview will be contacted.