[JOB] Senior User Experience Designer, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, Sogeo Company, Full Time
16 Sep 2009 - 2:41am
What do we do?
Sogeo Company creates location-based services that provide people with
personal suggestions about where to go and what to do. Sogeo Company
has developed its first application for the action sports market
called New Breeders, which is also accessible through an iPhone
application. Currently, Sogeo Company is working on an advanced
location services platform for mobile and web.
How do we work?
Our growing team continuously challenges itself by designing and
creating powerful products that stand out by their ease of use and
elegance. We work in an international, fun and vivid atmosphere. Our
office is located in the Duintjer CS building on the Vijzelstraat in
the centre of Amsterdam, where many creative companies and internet
startups can be found.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a highly talented and experienced interaction
designer to strengthen our team. Together we would like to create
applications that make consumers' daily lives more easy and fun. We’re
all about providing users with the best possible experience whether
they’re using the web at home or a mobile app while walking through a
city. Therefore, we’re looking for the kind of person who likes to
venture out and create interaction designs for outside scenarios just
as much as creating an awesome desktop web experience. Within your DNA
you should carry the desire to always serve our users better, jumping
to the next curve instead of copying our competitors. We are a
motivated team having fun here in Amsterdam creating products that
people love to use and if you share a similar interest please read on.
What are the key responsibilities?
• Work together with an agile team to develop highly usable
experiences for mobile (iPhone, Blackberry, Android) and web
• Work closely with product management on requirements and functional
• Contribute to the development of conceptual models and design vision
• Create design documents consisting of wireframes and flow diagrams
and design specifications
• Direct the work of visual designers
• Create mockups and prototypes for design evaluation purpose & sales
• Work closely with developers on implementation and constraints
• Create and maintains specifications such as interface guidelines and
standards across products
• Translate usability test results into product design improvements
• Create web designs that take SEO into account
• Always serve as the advocate for the end-user
What is the required experience?
• BA/BS or advanced degree Human-Computer Interaction, Product Design,
Computer Science, or a related field
• 3+ years of experience in interaction design
• Demonstrated ability to produce high quality interaction design
specifications as evidenced by a portfolio or samples of work
• Excellent communication and brainstorming skills
• Strong ability to evaluate visual designs and experience with
guiding visual designers
• Experienced in coordinating activities with developers
• Experience with mobile interface design highly preferred
• Affinity with location based services
• Good written and spoken English is essential
What do we offer?
We offer competitive fixed salaries plus bonus arrangements in an
exciting startup atmosphere. If you come from abroad, we will assist
you with obtaining a residency permit and finding appropriate housing.
Are you excited?
If you are excited about this opportunity please send your resume,
motivation, portfolio or samples of work to pieter at newbreeders.com.