[PLUG] Workshop • Wireframes with EightShapes Unify • August 21, 2009 • Washington, DC
5 Aug 2009 - 9:07am
[Please forgive the cross-posting!]
The holy grail of design documentation is efficiency. You want to spend your
time solving design problems, not fiddling with annotations or getting your
wireframes to line up just so.
EightShapes Unify, a collection of templates, stencils, and components can
help you get there. With this pile of Lego-like page elements, you can put
together wireframes in no time, and save your cycles for noodling on the
Adobe InDesign offers powerful features for taking this efficiency and
productivity to the third degree, without sacrificing polish or detail.
Join us in Washington, DC for Wireframes with EightShapes Unify, a half-day
workshop on how to master efficient wireframing using our popular template
library for Adobe InDesign CS4.
New to InDesign? We'll teach you what you need to know to start
wireframing, and teach the old-timers a few tricks along the way.
By the end of this workshop, you'll know:
- How to setup and extend your own wireframe templates in Adobe InDesign
- How to rapidly create wireframes from scratch, from pre-existing symbol
libraries, and from libraries of components and page types
- How to modularly reuse wireframe artwork within and across projects
- How to choose the right way to reuse artwork, via embedded artwork,
library panels, or linked files
- How to flexibly reuse wireframe artwork for quick design reviews,
storyboarding longer flows, low-fi clickable prototypes, and annotated
Date: *August 21, 2009, 1pm-5pm*
Location: Marvin Center at GW University • *800 21st St NW* (convenient to
Foggy Bottom metro)