JOB:User Interaction Design Leader @ The MITRE Corporation, Bedford, MA/Fulltime
3 Aug 2009 - 3:26pm
Seeking a rare mix of artist and engineer to lead a talented and
creative engineering team dedicated to developing/designing
world-class web, cell, and Open Source based products. You will
utilize skills in information and interaction design, user interface
engineering, enterprise engineering, and conceptual design in
partnership with MITRE designers, engineers and users to create new
prototypes and services for our government sponsors. This design
visionary will lead interaction and user interface design for new
development efforts critical to the success of our customers, by
creating designs that are powerful, elegant, easy to use and have
very high impact. You must have strong technical skills and an
impressive online portfolio to be considered.
* Leading interaction and user interface design efforts on rapid
prototypes and large-scale applications.
* Applying user interface design skills and principles to service
design (cell, web, fat client).
* Working with other designers, engineers, and management to
implement required features on schedule and on cost.
* Designing products that enable our customers to perfect net-centric
Required Education /Experience:
* BS or equivalent plus 8 or more years experience in designing
beautiful thick and thin client user interfaces.
* In depth knowledge of user interface design principles, interaction
design guidelines, rapid prototyping design processes.
* Extensive rapid prototyping experience creating and iteratively
refining a user interface design to achieve delightful user
* Project leadership experience.
* Proficiency with various design tools, including Adobe PhotoShop
and Macromedia Flash.
* In depth knowledge of usability methodologies, human factors,
industry standards and trends, platform standards, best practices and
software development process.
* Graphic/Visual Design experience.
* Experience in application or web service design using Java/JSP or
Ruby on Rails desired.
* Experience with Apple technologies and Web 2.0
*Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a
government security investigation and must meet eligibility
requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens
are eligible for a security clearance. For this position, MITRE will
consider only applicants with security clearances or applicants who
are eligible for security clearances.
To apply, please email your resume with a link to your online
portfolio to janis at mitre.org - indicate source code IxDA
The MITRE Corporation, an 8 time Fortune "100 Best Companies to Work
For", is not-for-profit corporation engaged in scientific and
technical activities for various government organizations. MITRE
manages four Federally Funded Research and Development Centers
(FFRDCs), partnering with government sponsors to support their
crucial operational missions in Aviation Systems Development, Defense
and Intelligence, Federal Sector Modernization, and Homeland Security.
MITRE also has an independent research and development program that
explores new technologies and innovative uses of technologies to
solve our sponsors' problems in the near-term and in the future.
We offer competitive compensation and great benefits including 23
days paid time off, educational benefits, a superior retirement
program and more. We offer a wide range of challenging technical
opportunities in numerous disciplines utilizing leading edge