Position Title: Senior Interaction Designer ? Rochester, NY
Position Type: Full-time, Permanent
Join the New Kodak! If you?re ready for a change, are passionate about
designing consumer electronics and have the talent to deliver the best,
you can?t ignore this opportunity.
The Digital Capture & Devices User Experience (DCD UX) team located at
Kodak?s worldwide headquarters in Rochester, NY is seeking an experienced
and highly talented Senior Interaction Designer to participate in the
creation of exciting new digital imaging products within a vibrant and
growing design community.
The successful candidate will report to the DCD UX Interaction Design
Manager and support interaction design needs across a broad variety of
consumer oriented products including digital cameras, digital picture
frames, HD players, and pocket HD video cameras.
· Lead the visual interaction design needs of multiple projects.
· Drive a common user experience by coordinating with design staff
across the company to define and execute design languages and style
· Deliver visual interaction design expertise through the creation
of assets, screens, storyboards, prototypes and graphics specifications.
· Balance workload within the design team by leveraging external
resources through writing requests for quotations, evaluating bids,
selecting vendors, and managing external design activities.
· Contribute proactively within a multi-disciplinary environment
including human factors, industrial design, marketing, development,
business research, vendors and ODMs.
· Create Kodak Intellectual Property through the creation of
innovative, highly usable interfaces that delight our customers.
· Ensure that project deliverable requirements, schedules and
budgets are met.
· Advocate for the deployment and success of user-centered design
· Travel internationally and domestically as required to achieve
project goals (~10% time).
· To be considered for this position you MUST INCLUDE A LINK TO YOUR
ONLINE PORTFOLIO OR WEBSITE when submitting your resume.
· Education Required: Master of Fine Arts, Master of Arts, or Master
of Science in either Computer Graphics, New Media, or Interaction Design
with emphasis in consumer electronics interface design is strongly
desired. BA/BS degree is required.
· At least 3 years professional experience as an Interaction
Designer in the area of consumer electronics is strongly desired (5 years
· Proficient in analyzing product requirements and provide solutions
to complex creative and technical problems.
· Expert in interactive multimedia techniques and authoring tools
and ActionScript 3.
· Excellent graphic design and illustration skills.
· Experience with rapid prototype development in the context of
user-centered design methodologies.
· Expert with Adobe CS3 applications with emphasis on Photoshop,
Illustrator, Flash, Dreamweaver and After Effects.
· Ability to communicate design vision and rationale through concise
and compelling verbal, written, and/or visual presentations to management,
multi-disciplinary project teams, and external vendors.
· Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills.
· Track record of motivating team members to exceed project
requirements and customer expectations.
· Ability to multi-task across projects, and deliver commitments
within budget and on time.
Strongly Preferred Skills / Experience:
· Experience working collaboratively with Human Factors Engineers
and Industrial Designers.
· Proficiency in project management including resource forecasting,
project cost management, and coordination of outsourced activities.
· Experience developing embedded UIs for consumer electronics.