Director Usability, NAD | Staples Inc.
Ph. 508 253 3986 | Fax 508 253 8946
Usability Project Manager
[Staples e-commerce sites, catalogs and emails]
(Position is located in Framingham, MA which is about 25 minutes west of Boston)
You've heard our company tagline: "That was easy." Now come join one
of the key teams that make that statement a reality. The Staples
Usability team continues to be one of the thought leaders in usability
and is growing to meet company demand for our services.
Serve as the central usability resource for large Staples e-commerce
websites such as Staples.com, Quill.com and others.
* Manage and conduct user experience research based on accepted practices.
* Lead usability and IA involvement for large multi-disciplinary
projects to enhance and improve e-commerce capability. Serve as the
champion of user experience on these initiatives.
* Delve deeply into onsite user behavior by research through
surveys, analytics and other observations.
* Present research to senior level leadership and advocate user
* Build upon and develop existing cross functional relationships
with internal teams such as IS, customer service and logistics and
Manage usability input for various print vehicles including catalogs,
direct mail and the inter-relationship of these with online. Provide
usability input for various e-mail and marketing campaigns.
* Keep abreast of web usability influences that may affect
Staples.com skill set or processes used in the workplace.
* Manage contractor resources as required by projects.
* Review vendor applications to determine usability level and
out-of-the-box suitability; make recommendations on improvement as
* Minimum of an MS degree in Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology
or related discipline required
* Minimum of 3 to 4 years of usability experience in a corporate
or consulting environment required; Experience in a retail environment
* Experience in usability testing practices and theory required
* Understanding of information architecture principles and
interaction design required
* Must be a strong presenter with excellent interpersonal skills
* Ability to handle multiple projects for multiple clients at once
* Well versed in interface capabilities on the web. Knowledge of
DHTML and AJAX is a plus. Ability to create click through prototypes
to show such functionality is a huge plus.
* Understanding of statistical methodologies is a plus. Working
knowledge of statistical packages like SAS, SPSS, etc. a plus
* Approximately 20-30% travel required