Senior User Experience / Interaction Designer-A14Q6
A Senior User Experience/Interaction Designer is responsible for
creating the consumer experience for the next generation of home
appliances. They will help lead efforts to understand emerging
trends, seek out real-life insights, conceive user interface design
solutions, and assure uncompromising usability. The work environment
fosters a culture of curiosity, creativity, diversity, craftsmanship,
innovative problem-solving, and cross-disciplinary collaboration.
- Strong portfolio of user interaction design work with 3+ years of
experience in product design and user interface design of consumer
- Skilled in applying user-centered design practices, e.g.,
ethnography, user needs analysis, participatory design, and usability
- Skilled in creating information architecture and prototyping user
interface designs using popular interaction design tools.
- Experience successfully executing interaction design projects in
accordance with phases and gates product development processes.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Graduate degree in Human Factors, Interaction Design, Psychology, or
a related discipline preferred.
- Create user interaction designs for Whirlpool home appliance
products and services that stand out in the marketplace.
- Develop, conduct, and analyze usability studies; providing input and
actionable recommendations to fellow designers at all stages of
- Model user-centered design principles within the product development
- Collaborate with other human factors, interaction design, and
usability specialists in nurturing a world-class organization.
- Collaborate with brand studios and strategic partners to define
roadmaps for user experience design and technology application.
- Model Whirlpool core values of respect, integrity, diversity, and teamwork.
Whirlpool is the industry leader in the manufacturing and marketing of
home appliances. Whirlpool is a global company and markets Whirlpool,
Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Brastemp, Bauknecht, Consul and
other major brand names in more than 170 countries around the world.
Whirlpool is a company that creates innovative solutions and products
to meet consumer needs. As a result, we have been recognized as one
of the world's 100 most innovative companies by Business Week magazine
and the Boston Consulting Group. Additionally, Whirlpool Corporation
was ranked among the Top 20 Innovators in Consumer Products by The
Patent Board and has been consistently ranked as one of the Top 20
Companies for Leaders by Hewitt Associates and Fortune magazine.
Our unique business strategy provides us with an unmatched leadership
position and ability to build and sustain loyalty to our brands. Our
strategy allows us to move with greater speed to better serve our
trade customer and end consumers around the globe.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a User Experience
or Interaction Designer opening in the Global Consumer Design
Organization. These headquarters in Benton Harbor and its twin city
St. Joseph are situated in Michigan's great southwest along the sandy
shores of Lake Michigan. The region boasts unique shopping, quaint
cafes, fine dining, art galleries, festivals, and beautiful views of
the lake. The bucolic countryside of wine vineyards, orchards,
beaches, and forests offers cyclists, campers, golfers, swimmers,
skiers, and snowmobilers outdoor enjoyment in all seasons. Many of the
area schools are ranked at the top for state testing scores. Residents
also enjoy the museums, sports, shopping, and nightlife of nearby