some queries on designing a touchscreen all in one PC
26 May 2009 - 3:33am
5 years ago
I have been working on a "All in one touchscreen PC" , something similar
to HP Touch smart PC
on windows 7 platform and it supports multitouch.
I have some queries and would like to get your suggestions for the same.
1) How was your experience with HP Touch smart PC? Any specific pain point
or moment of delight experienced , with respect to navigation?
2) Is there any guideline for the font and button size for touchscreen PC
3) Would you prefer to have two or more views for browsing media files
(music albums, videos ) and photos ?
Currently, in most of the PC applications we get to see arc view and grid
view or random placement and grid view for browsing files.
4) Since it is multi touch application, can we eliminate zoom
icons/indication/buttons? Also right or left scroll arrows?
Or should we retain them but represent them in a more subtle manner?
5) Is it okay if all the main menu items are not shown at any single
instance on the home page
( but an indication, that the main menu can be scrolled to access other main
6) We have placed the recycle bin to the bottom left hand corner. User needs
to drag and drop the items to the recycle bin in order to delete.
Would you prefer a change in position (considering drag and drop) , like
top left hand (like in windows 7)?
7) Is it necessary to have mute off/on button visible on the screen at all
Please feel free to answer as many queries as you can.