Customer Experience Designer - Information Architect
We are seeking a talented individual to fill the newly created position of Customer Experience Designer. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to make your mark across multiple brands within the Smarter Travel Media portfolio. The ideal candidate will have Information Architecture and usability skills and demonstrated experience creating engaging interactions on consumer websites.
Working closely with a§ cross-functional team, the Customer Experience Designer will define and create site structures, interaction flows, page wireframes, widgets, prototypes and interface requirements that promote ease of use and a positive user experience.
Work with Web designers to ensure the graphic design is consistent with the§ UI requirements and usability best practices.
Coordinate with product§ managers and engineering to ensure sitemap, flow diagrams and wireframes are properly translated to the live site.
Play a key role in developing our§ customer experience function, including usability testing, customer interviews, persona's and concept testing.
Gather, evaluate, and synthesize§ requirements, use cases and scenario's and functional specifications
* Bachelors degree in a design discipline, Human Factors, or an equivalent field.
* 3-5 years as a Customer Experience Designer/ Information Architect, working with functional consumer websites.
* Agency & client side experience preferred
* Experience with usability testing and prototyping.
* Candidates must be well-versed in user-centered design methods, gathering user data,
interpreting the results, and translating them into solutions and techniques.
* Experience developing and maintaining persona's.
* Experience writing functional specs.
* You know when and how to take advantage of web technologies to engage and enhance the site experience
* You'll need to show us that you can think like a marketer.
* Be organized, self-directed, efficient and able to manage multiple projects
in a timely manner.
* A portfolio and case studies that demonstrates the depth and breadth of your experience.
* Sense of humor - we have fun at work!
websites do you find yourself thinking about how you could make them better?
Would you like to work on web-based applications on some of the most visited travel publishing sites on the Internet?
Established in 1998, Smarter Travel Media owns and operates three leading online consumer travel sites, www.SmarterTravel.com, www.BookingBuddy.com and www.airfarewatchdog.com. These sites provide information and tools necessary to help travelers around the world find the right trip at the right price. Smarter Travel Media's network reaches more than 4 million unique visitors monthly.
Named as one the Top 100 Places to Work by the Boston Globe, November 2008, we offer very competitive benefits that includes not only the regular health, life, disability and 401K benefits but also a free Apple Ipod to start, 31" flat screen computer monitor for your desk, 3 weeks vacation, employer subsidized lunches, pet insurance, tuition reimbursement and very generous annual fitness reimbursement to name a few.