Great Personalization Examples

15 Apr 2009 - 11:32am
5 years ago
7 replies
2455 reads
Angel Anderson
2010

Hi All,

Anyone out there want to share examples of helpful personalization that
they've encountered? I'm looking for things that go beyond arranging widgets
on a homepage (www.google.com, www.netvibes.com). I'm looking for good
examples of:

- Data analysis tools used to predict likely future interactions
- User profiling, using data collected from a number of different sites
to capture and respond to user action across the web.

Kind regards,

Angel Anderson
Senior Interaction Designer
HUGE
----------------------------------
IxDA Los Angeles
----------------------------------
Email: angel.j.anderson at gmail.com
Twitter: AngelAnderson

Comments

15 Apr 2009 - 11:44am
Angel Marquez
2008

Google analytics, reader, etc...

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 15, 2009, at 9:32 AM, Angel Anderson
<angel.j.anderson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Anyone out there want to share examples of helpful personalization
> that
> they've encountered? I'm looking for things that go beyond arranging
> widgets
> on a homepage (www.google.com, www.netvibes.com). I'm looking for good
> examples of:
>
> - Data analysis tools used to predict likely future interactions
> - User profiling, using data collected from a number of different
> sites
> to capture and respond to user action across the web.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Angel Anderson
> Senior Interaction Designer
> HUGE
> ----------------------------------
> IxDA Los Angeles
> ----------------------------------
> Email: angel.j.anderson at gmail.com
> Twitter: AngelAnderson
> ________________________________________________________________
> Welcome to the Interaction Design Association (IxDA)!
> To post to this list ....... discuss at ixda.org
> Unsubscribe ................ http://www.ixda.org/unsubscribe
> List Guidelines ............ http://www.ixda.org/guidelines
> List Help .................. http://www.ixda.org/help

15 Apr 2009 - 2:59pm
Chris Bobbett
2004

Not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for, but have a look
at Quantcast.

http://www.quantcast.com/

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Posted from the new ixda.org
http://www.ixda.org/discuss?post=41271

15 Apr 2009 - 4:45pm
Alan James Salmoni
2008

Is Amazon's book / product recommendations the kind of thing you're
after?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Posted from the new ixda.org
http://www.ixda.org/discuss?post=41271

15 Apr 2009 - 5:05pm
Angel Marquez
2008

Maybe if you gave us the name of your persona we would be able to help you
better. Would you let us in on mister or misses X's intel?
Have you ever come across using more that one persona? Like a couples
persona, a family, a team, a community etc...

One monolithic persona seems too selfless when making decisions. I think
since team collaboration and strategy are the current cats meow a little
innovative persona revamp my be in demand. Example, blu ray player for a
family, persona identifies everyones needs not just ma and pa's, right?

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 7:45 AM, Alan Salmoni <alan at usernumber1.com> wrote:

> Is Amazon's book / product recommendations the kind of thing you're
> after?
>
>
>
>
> . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
> Posted from the new ixda.org
> http://www.ixda.org/discuss?post=41271
>
>
> ________________________________________________________________
> Welcome to the Interaction Design Association (IxDA)!
> To post to this list ....... discuss at ixda.org
> Unsubscribe ................ http://www.ixda.org/unsubscribe
> List Guidelines ............ http://www.ixda.org/guidelines
> List Help .................. http://www.ixda.org/help
>

16 Apr 2009 - 2:11pm
Angel Anderson
2010

Kind of, but I'm looking for things that go beyond
product recommendation engines. I'm looking for more unusual examples.

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 7:45 AM, Alan Salmoni <alan at usernumber1.com> wrote:

> Is Amazon's book / product recommendations the kind of thing you're
> after?
>
>
>
>
> . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
> Posted from the new ixda.org
> http://www.ixda.org/discuss?post=41271
>
>
> ________________________________________________________________
> Welcome to the Interaction Design Association (IxDA)!
> To post to this list ....... discuss at ixda.org
> Unsubscribe ................ http://www.ixda.org/unsubscribe
> List Guidelines ............ http://www.ixda.org/guidelines
> List Help .................. http://www.ixda.org/help
>

--
Kind regards,

Angel Anderson
Senior Interaction Designer
HUGE
----------------------------------
IxDA Los Angeles
----------------------------------
Email: angel.j.anderson at gmail.com
Twitter: AngelAnderson

16 Apr 2009 - 2:15pm
Angel Anderson
2010

Thank you all for the examples so far. Unfortunately, I can't share many
details about this project at this stage. It's early on enough to say that
the personas have not been crafted. I'm merely looking for unique
personalization features to help me understand different ways applications
approach and add value with personalization.
Thanks!

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 3:05 PM, Angel Marquez <angel.marquez at gmail.com>wrote:

> Maybe if you gave us the name of your persona we would be able to help you
> better. Would you let us in on mister or misses X's intel?
> Have you ever come across using more that one persona? Like a couples
> persona, a family, a team, a community etc...
>
> One monolithic persona seems too selfless when making decisions. I think
> since team collaboration and strategy are the current cats meow a little
> innovative persona revamp my be in demand. Example, blu ray player for a
> family, persona identifies everyones needs not just ma and pa's, right?
>
> On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 7:45 AM, Alan Salmoni <alan at usernumber1.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Is Amazon's book / product recommendations the kind of thing you're
> > after?
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
> > Posted from the new ixda.org
> > http://www.ixda.org/discuss?post=41271
> >
> >
> > ________________________________________________________________
> > Welcome to the Interaction Design Association (IxDA)!
> > To post to this list ....... discuss at ixda.org
> > Unsubscribe ................ http://www.ixda.org/unsubscribe
> > List Guidelines ............ http://www.ixda.org/guidelines
> > List Help .................. http://www.ixda.org/help
> >
> ________________________________________________________________
> Welcome to the Interaction Design Association (IxDA)!
> To post to this list ....... discuss at ixda.org
> Unsubscribe ................ http://www.ixda.org/unsubscribe
> List Guidelines ............ http://www.ixda.org/guidelines
> List Help .................. http://www.ixda.org/help
>

--
Kind regards,

Angel Anderson
Senior Interaction Designer
HUGE
----------------------------------
IxDA Los Angeles
----------------------------------
Email: angel.j.anderson at gmail.com
Twitter: AngelAnderson

17 Apr 2009 - 8:12pm
hteano
2007

eBay's Selling form analyzes user behavior to progressively display
features/functionality on the form (so a beginner will see a
simplified version, and as they gain experience using the form they
will see more and more features). And they also let you customize the
form (add/remove features) at any time to suit your particular style
of selling.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Posted from the new ixda.org
http://www.ixda.org/discuss?post=41271

Syndicate content Get the feed