JOB: Senior Web Designer; Chicago, IL; (Permanent)
5 Feb 2009 - 10:42am
Senior Web Designer
We are looking for an extraordinary full-time Senior Web Designer to join
our team. Specifically, we are looking for a strategic and forward thinking
Senior, who can create user-friendly, and highly conceptual creative.
Responsibilities will include everything from front end design, managing
website projects, developing timelines and working directly with clients.
The ideal candidate will:
* Bachelors or Masters degree with a focus in digital media, web design or
* 4 to 5 years experience creating high quality interfaces, mid to
large-scale websites, interactive experiences and interactive story boards
* Have a passion for great design and emerging technologies
* Excellent understanding and knowledge of user experience, web design
principles and methods
* Experience designing web application interfaces a plus
* Understanding of the best practices for web-based information architecture
and interaction design.
* Understanding of usability and how to incorporate user research into
* Proven experience working with teams
* Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines
* Proven client management, project management and problem-solving skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Outstanding portfolio of related work
* No print designers need to apply
Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, expertise a must.
Experience with Flash a plus!
Sandstorm Design is a Chicago-based boutique team of experts in marketing,
design and web site usability. Located in the trendy Ravenswood
Neighborhood, our firm helps companies elevate their brand beyond the
competition through our unique blend of B2B expertise, marketing savvy and
If you are up for the challenge and ready to work with our diverse and high
energy team, please email resume, salary requirements, and sample URLs to jobs at sandstormdesign.com. Local candidates only. No phone calls please.