JOB: Information Architect/Interaction Designer, Central London (Permanent)
4 Feb 2009 - 8:03am
Tribal DDB London are looking for a Middleweight Information
The IA/IxD is responsible for designing, developing and documenting
the structure of both web sites and applications In this role, you
will be expected to work collaboratively with a project team and
support other IAs in the execution of all information architecture
Be aware that much of Tribal DDB's work is on digital marketing sites,
where the emphasis is as much on persuasion and motivatiion as on
usability or the organization of information. We are therefore
particularly interested in individuals who are as interested in design
as in IA, and who can demonstrate particular success in working
alongside designers in a digital marketing context.
• Creating the information architecture for marketing, informational,
and transactional sites and microsites
• Understanding target audiences' needs, tasks, and goals and
translating them into creative concepts and functional components.
• Supporting the team in translating business requirements into
involving interactive experiences.
• Planning, facilitating and documenting immersive user research,
concept testing, and usability testing.
• Developing user personas and scenarios to clarify results of user
research and focus the team's design efforts on the needs of key
• Collaboratively developing prototypes for demonstration of concepts
• Working alongside visual designers to develop user journeys that
motivate users to engage fully with the interactive concept.
• Conducting expert reviews, competitive benchmarking and market
• Developing and documenting detailed user experience specifications
for highly interactive interfaces.
• Contributing to the further development of user experience design as
an intellectual discipline both within Tribal DDB and in the wider
• Demonstrated ability to execute IA on complex transactional
interfaces, taxonomies and metadata frameworks, and templates for
content management systems.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a highly collaborative environment.
• Experience with user-centred design methodologies.
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
• Experience in client services and negotiating business decisions.
• Readiness on occasion to extend his/her role to encompass activities
normally associated with other disciplines
• Openness to contributions from other disciplines to the project's
information architecture or interaction design.
• Role typically requires 3+ years experience as an information
architect, interaction designer, or experience designer (or similar
• Degree in a related field, such as Library Science, Cognitive
Science, Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Human-Computer
Interaction, Technical Communications, English, History, Anthropology,
• Proficiency in a variety of design tools including OmniGraffle,
Visio or equivalent, as well as the MS Office Suite.
Tribal DDB are currently located on Bishop's Bridge Road just north of
Paddington Station, although we will be moving to another central
London location sometime this year.
Salary is negotiable. We're looking to fill the position as soon as
possible, although we will of course wait on any notice you may have
to give your current employer.