[JOB] Recruiter: UI Designer in Truckee/North Lake Tahoe, CA (full-time) - Ideal for Snow Enthusiast!
5 Jan 2009 - 5:36pm
Our client is a rapidly growing, privately-held company located near Lake Tahoe in the mountain resort town of Truckee, Calif. Cultivating the highest levels of customer ethics, they serve as a trusted partner for customers across the mortgage and lending industries. They use the most progressive technologies available and human, hands-on analytics to deliver highly accurate and reliable tools, including Broker Price Opinions (BPOs), Appraisals, and Value Reconciliations.
We are looking for a talented user interface expert who can organize design details into a complete user interface design specification that will be used as a blueprint for development. As the UI Designer, you will be responsible for working with the applications development team to create storyboards, wire frames, mockups and prototypes of web application designs. You will also be responsible for minor graphic design and production (typically iconography), and for the coordination of design and usability.
• Acting as the design lead for software development projects
• Creating the designs through a collaborative process
• Participating in requirement gathering and analysis activities
• Developing concepts for information structure by studying product/service content, analyzing user goals and target audience, conducting focus groups, user interviews, and surveys, conceiving information architecture
• Organizes information by creating visualizations of content, sequencing and relating elements, preparing storyboards, applying principles of human-computer interaction, comprehension, learning, and aesthetics
• Develops prototypes by creating look and feel of the concept; structuring information filtering and retrieval; coordinating scripts and graphics with writers and designers; testing prototypes; observing usability; defining specifications
• Analyzing and engaging in platform-level architectural and product strategy decisions
• Work closely with applications development and operations leads to understand operational workflow and existing inefficiencies that need to be addressed
Required Job Related Skills and Experience
• Bachelor of Science in Graphic Design, Computer Science or related field preferred, but will consider applicants with equivalent work-related experience with a minimum educational requirement of a H.S. Diploma or GED equivalent
• 3-5 years of experience with user interface design is required
• Proficient in developing information architecture, workflow/interaction diagrams and screen mockups
• Must demonstrate interface design ability with measurable results
• Excellent teamwork as well as verbal and written communication skills
• Experience working within an “agile” software development process preferred
• Strong conceptualization skills and ability to provide workflow solutions to complex problems
• Ability to articulate design concepts and solutions verbally and in various written documents as necessary
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction
• Knowledge of light weight usability testing methodologies
• Strong categorization/data organization skills
• Knowledge of basic data and workflow modeling methodologies
• Experience working directly with customers and internal users to collect quantitative and qualitative usability information
• Must be able to work well in fast-paced, dynamic environments
• Must be able to present and explain a detailed portfolio of your UI work
Highly competitive base salary, employer-paid medical (PPO), matching 401K, paid time off and relocation assistance.