[JOB] UX Development Lead - Boston - "Recruiter" - Full Time
5 Jan 2009 - 5:20pm
Dissero (http://www.dissero.com) is the premier recruiting firm focused on
high growth technology companies in the Boston area.
Our client is a stable, rapidly growing IT consulting and systems
integration firm focused on helping companies leverage the next generation
of web technologies. Their management team has a tremendous track record in
building successful companies.
We have been engaged to conduct a search for a User Experience (UX)
* Scoping, leading and delivering the User Experience (UX) portion of
projects for customers.
* Responsible for leading teams (4-5 resources on average), providing both
technical mentoring and estimating the tasks of that team.
* Interact with customers at all levels.
* Contribute to business development efforts by providing input for
proposals and participating in RFP development.
* 6+ years professional experience, 2+ in a lead role.
* Mixture of experience as a Front End Developer, Information Architect,
and/or UI Designer.
* A solid point of view on the potential usability benefits of Web 2.0 UI
technologies and how asynchronous technologies impact user experience.
* Expert level hands-on skills with front-end coding languages, practices
and technologies, including frameworks and libraries.
* Familiarity with: user profiles and personas, information architectures
and taxonomies, user task scenarios, wireframes, prototypes, style guides,
usability test scripts, usability test sessions, usability test analyses.
* Able to recognize and communicate UX patterns, code solutions and
innovations to development teams and customers.
* Ability to facilitate group discussions and lead customer requirement
activities such as business analyses, task analyses, and creative workshops.
* Experience participating in user requirements activities such as
interviews, focus groups, design workshops, and usability tests.
* Ability to translate wireframes and prototypes into functional
specifications for development teams.
* Well developed project management skills: estimating work, project
planning and tracking, risk analysis, and scope control.
* Passion for guiding and mentoring UX Designers and Developers.
* Interest in playing an active role in UX online communities, blogs and
forums; also contributing to White Papers.
* Willing to travel as needed (50% on average).
* Experience with front-end technologies such as AJAX, XML, DHTML, Flash,
Flex, and/or AIR. Script libraries such as Prototype, Script.aculo.us, Dojo
* Creating Web-ready graphics in Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, Gimp, or
* MS Office or Open Office, including Powerpoint or Impress
* Visio, Omnigraffle or other flow-charting applications