I'm looking for feedback on a role description to...
a) gain clarity on what kind of Interactive Designer my company is needing
b) gain an understanding of the best way to describe the role to ensure
the right candidates will know we want to meet them.
We're looking to get a contract to permanent role filled mid-January in
our San Francisco office.
Let's give it a go...
ABOUT INTERACTION ASSOCIATES
Interaction Associates, Inc. develops more effective leaders, teams,
coaches and internal consultants. We draw upon deep experience in
strategic thinking, collaboration, team building, group facilitation,
instructional design, and experiential learning (both online and
classroom) to create management and leadership development programs for
some of the best-run companies in the world.
Interaction Associates has more than 35 years? experience in developing
leaders and change agents in large organizations, helping them maximize
their strategic advantage and generate sustained business results. Leaders
who participate in our development programs emerge with an extraordinary
set of models, tools and skills that significantly increase their
probability of success.
INTERACTIVE DESIGNER ROLE
(I borrowed some of this from a posting for Zazzle.com to get started)
1) Manage interaction design of virtual classroom experiences from concept
stage through launch.
(This is not the online software, we may use GoTo Meetings or Adobe
Connect as a platform. Instead, consider that we want to have something
like a flash movie that might play from the virtual classroom leader's
computer that the leader can operate (advance or otherwise navigate) to
ensure an engaging learning experience.)
2) Work collaborately with our Learning Designers (who have typically
designed for print and in-person classrooms) to create agreed upon
3) Create elegant, effective, and usable interactive designs that delight
4) Rapidly develop wireframes and prototypes for initial concepts
5) Assess the usability of new and existing products/features, and
continually iterate on improving the user experience
6) Conduct user research and usability testing for both new and existing
7) Work closely with graphic design team to ensure visual consistency and
proper UI Style
- 3-4 years of professional interaction design experience. Experience
designing learning applications a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Cognitive Science, Human-Computer Interaction or
related area required, Masters degree a plus.
- Demonstrated track record as a key player in designing and launching
- Excellent understanding of user experience and interaction for virtual
- Ability to integrate client feedback into great design.
- Ability to think strategically with regard to file management, process
improvement, and prioritizing workflow
- Strong and creative visual design sensibilities.
- Proficient in key design tools and prototyping technologies including
Photoshop, Illustrator, and Flash.
- Proven ability to work and coordinate with multiple groups, including
Learning Designers, Graphic Designers, Software Developers, and Business