Sabiha Gökçen International Airport / Istanbul
Wayfinding Design Job Advertisement
This job advertisement for design seeks a designer / design company who is capable of designing all wayfinding,
and advertising places for all interior and exterior spaces at Sabiha Gökçen International Airport (http://www.sgairport.com/ ), which will have a
capacity of 19 million passengers per year, 220.000 m2 of terminal area, 8 mars passenger bridges capable of
serving 16 planes simultaneously, 135.000 m2 of car park building for 4000 vehicles, VIP building and an airport
hotel with 120 rooms.
Required specifications for designers / design companies:
- Knowledge and experience in information design and wayfinding design which can be demonstrated
through their portfolio.
- Preferably knowledge and experience on wayfinding design for public buildings, preferably airports.
- Preferably knowledge of architecture to understand architectural blueprints, exchange opinions with the
architect of the terminal building, or employing an expert that posses mastery on these subjects.
- Preferably a division or part of the company which applies or in partnership with the company who
- Applicants should submit their web site address via e-mail. The site must contain the following
information. Printed applications will not be considered.
Information required to be provided on application web site:
- Contact information and company identity.
- Sign and pictogram design works and applications.
- Other communication design works and applications, if any.
- Wayfinding design works, applications for works given as reference.
- If there is a partnership with an implementing company, works given as a reference indicating
implementing company’s experience of public buildings and/or airports.
Works given as reference should be relevant with definitions of following titles available at the Section 5,
Specifications of Wayfinding Design for Sabiha Gökçen International Airport (see
- Corporate Identity Design
- Flow Sheets
- Drawings for Application
A minimum variety and quantity of these types of documents should be provided on application web site.
Expiry date for applications: December 1, 2008
E-mail address for applications: tozgokmen at limak.com.tr