JOB LOCATION: Mountain View, California
JOB TITLE: Mobile Design Principal/lead
JOB DURATION: FTE
Intuit is seeking a Mobile Design Leader to help us produce useful and delightful mobile experiences. The hands-on Mobile Design expert is responsible for inspiring and helping guide the company-wide Mobile initiative. He/she will work with the Advanced Mobile Engineering team and others to design and build world-class mobile experiences. In addition, this individual will work with leaders across Intuit in product management, engineering, design, user research, and other disciplines to help establish Intuit as an inspiring, effective leader in delivering great mobile experiences.
The Mobile Design Leader will have a proven track record in inspiring others to get behind a vision. He/she will bring deep knowledge of ideation, prototyping, frameworks and customer research in the mobile design space. The leader will effectively use these methods to produce great mobile designs and teach and coach others in these methods.
This leader will have a broad network and excellent reputation with influential industry and academia contacts; and demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with a variety of business leaders, technology leaders, product managers and other key people.
All Intuit leaders bring functional/technical skills, but equally important they lead through personal values consistent with Intuit's corporate values. The chosen Mobile Design Leader will have strong leadership and change management skills, including a hands-on, non-bureaucratic leadership style; open and frequent communications at all levels of the organization; the ability to both drive and collaborate across multiple business and functional units, and a genuine sensitivity to the development needs of the organization.
Qualifications : * 10+ years of significant track record in defining and delivering great user experiences
* 5+ years of experience in designing and delivering great mobile experiences
* Extensive experience designing: messaging, mobile web, and/or on-device mobile applications, including workflow, information architecture, and UI components.
* Extensive experience with designing for different mobile input technologies (touch, multi-touch, voice, etc)
* Demonstrated ability to paint a vision for design and deliver on it, and success in driving change in a matrixed environment
* Master's in design, HCI or related fields; or equivalent experience
* Excellent command of: user experience methods, design principles, problem-framing skills, verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to masterfully articulate/define/integrate the role of design
* Exemplary ability to build positive, collaborative relationships across teams/groups/functions through facilitative leadership, and to "raise the bar" continually as an effective leader of positive change
* Strong track-record of developing and hiring great people
* Experience, comfort and track-record in dealing at all levels in a large organization, and in leading both through influence and hands-on ownership