JOB: Senior level, user-focused web designer, New York, Hot Studio, Contract, 3+ months
21 Oct 2008 - 2:52pm
*Senior level, user-focused web designer*
Hot Studio is a leading people-centered design firm in Manhattan and San
Our Manhattan office is looking for a highly skilled, senior-level,
freelance web designer with a deep understanding of design systems,
interaction design and content management systems.
- All work will be conducted on site at our office in Manhattan or at our
- Position will report to Creative Director.
- Work requires deep collaboration with the Project Manager, User
Experience practitioners, Design Engineers, and Visual Design team.
- Work with the Creative Director and visual design team to create visual
designs that are astute and elegant which serve human understanding and meet
- Create multiple design comps and ideas within a set period of time
- Maintain the integrity of Hot's process; ensure that deliverables
adhere to Hot's standards
- Participate in working sessions and critiques with team members and
- Develop a strong understanding of the clients' and users' needs,
dynamics, and behaviors
*Required Skills & Qualifications*
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the user-focused web industry
- Outstanding portfolio that includes web and motion graphics experience
and demonstrates a variety of styles; brand identity, mobile and print
experience a plus
- Strong understanding of information architecture and user-centered
- Deep familiarity with CMSs
- Experience working with agile and waterfall processes
- Ability to communicate effectively with user experience architects,
producers, and programmers
- Superior presentation, oral and written communication skills
- Excellent team-building, and problem-solving skills
- Expert use of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Flash
- Outstanding references
*About Hot Studio*
Hot Studio is an award-winning design studio founded in 1997. Hot's
human-centered focus has resulted in intelligent and engaging work for
clients including El Museo del Barrio, Art:21, SFMOMA, Gap Inc., Charles
Schwab, LeapFrog, and Architecture for Humanity.
Please send your COVER LETTER, PORTFOLIO WEBSITE, and RESUME (plain text or
PDF) to laura at hotstudio.com.