Standards of Professional Practice

10 Oct 2008 - 7:55am
6 years ago
4 replies
805 reads
Kevin Silver1
2006

Hi,

Does anyone know of or use (abide by) Standards of Professional Practice other than the one AIGA has outlined? I'm interested to see if there are any alternatives.

Thanks,

Kevin

Comments

10 Oct 2008 - 8:08am
SemanticWill
2007

UPA has one too on their site

will evans
emotive architect &
hedonic designer
will at semanticfoundry.com
617.281.1281
twitter: semanticwill
aim: semanticwill
gtalk: wkevans4
skype: semanticwill
_________________________
Sent via iPhone

On Oct 10, 2008, at 9:55 AM, Kevin Silver <kevin at clearwired.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know of or use (abide by) Standards of Professional
> Practice other than the one AIGA has outlined? I'm interested to see
> if there are any alternatives.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kevin
> ________________________________________________________________
> Welcome to the Interaction Design Association (IxDA)!
> To post to this list ....... discuss at ixda.org
> Unsubscribe ................ http://www.ixda.org/unsubscribe
> List Guidelines ............ http://www.ixda.org/guidelines
> List Help .................. http://www.ixda.org/help

10 Oct 2008 - 10:06am
Chauncey Wilson
2007

I helped draft the UPA Code of Conduct and would be interested in
comments. I could fill in some of the background that went into the
code of conduct.

Chauncey

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 10:08 AM, William Evans <wkevans4 at gmail.com> wrote:
> UPA has one too on their site
>
> will evans
> emotive architect &
> hedonic designer
> will at semanticfoundry.com
> 617.281.1281
> twitter: semanticwill
> aim: semanticwill
> gtalk: wkevans4
> skype: semanticwill
> _________________________
> Sent via iPhone
>
>
> On Oct 10, 2008, at 9:55 AM, Kevin Silver <kevin at clearwired.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Does anyone know of or use (abide by) Standards of Professional Practice
>> other than the one AIGA has outlined? I'm interested to see if there are any
>> alternatives.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Kevin
>> ________________________________________________________________
>> Welcome to the Interaction Design Association (IxDA)!
>> To post to this list ....... discuss at ixda.org
>> Unsubscribe ................ http://www.ixda.org/unsubscribe
>> List Guidelines ............ http://www.ixda.org/guidelines
>> List Help .................. http://www.ixda.org/help
>
> ________________________________________________________________
> Welcome to the Interaction Design Association (IxDA)!
> To post to this list ....... discuss at ixda.org
> Unsubscribe ................ http://www.ixda.org/unsubscribe
> List Guidelines ............ http://www.ixda.org/guidelines
> List Help .................. http://www.ixda.org/help
>

10 Oct 2008 - 10:07am
SemanticWill
2007

http://www.upassoc.org/about_upa/leadership/code_of_conduct.html

I was emailing from my phone earlier - there is the link.

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 12:06 PM, Chauncey Wilson <chauncey.wilson at gmail.com
> wrote:

> I helped draft the UPA Code of Conduct and would be interested in
> comments. I could fill in some of the background that went into the
> code of conduct.
>
> Chauncey
>
> On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 10:08 AM, William Evans <wkevans4 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > UPA has one too on their site
> >
> > will evans
> > emotive architect &
> > hedonic designer
> > will at semanticfoundry.com
> > 617.281.1281
> > twitter: semanticwill
> > aim: semanticwill
> > gtalk: wkevans4
> > skype: semanticwill
> > _________________________
> > Sent via iPhone
> >
> >
> > On Oct 10, 2008, at 9:55 AM, Kevin Silver <kevin at clearwired.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Does anyone know of or use (abide by) Standards of Professional Practice
> >> other than the one AIGA has outlined? I'm interested to see if there are
> any
> >> alternatives.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> Kevin
> >> ________________________________________________________________
> >> Welcome to the Interaction Design Association (IxDA)!
> >> To post to this list ....... discuss at ixda.org
> >> Unsubscribe ................ http://www.ixda.org/unsubscribe
> >> List Guidelines ............ http://www.ixda.org/guidelines
> >> List Help .................. http://www.ixda.org/help
> >
> > ________________________________________________________________
> > Welcome to the Interaction Design Association (IxDA)!
> > To post to this list ....... discuss at ixda.org
> > Unsubscribe ................ http://www.ixda.org/unsubscribe
> > List Guidelines ............ http://www.ixda.org/guidelines
> > List Help .................. http://www.ixda.org/help
> >
>

--
~ will

"Where you innovate, how you innovate,
and what you innovate are design problems"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Will Evans | User Experience Architect
tel: +1.617.281.1281 | will at semanticfoundry.com
aim: semanticwill | gtalk: wkevans4
twitter: semanticwill | skype: semanticwill
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10 Oct 2008 - 10:54am
Chauncey Wilson
2007

The most stringent standards of professional practice is probably
those of the American Psychological Association (APA). They have a
bound manual that is probably 75 pages. Some of the sections deal
with medical and therapy ethics for humans and animals and may not be
so relevant.

When I was working on the UPA code of conduct, I reviewed a number of
ethics codes. I'll see if I can dig those up.

Chauncey

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 12:06 PM, Chauncey Wilson
<chauncey.wilson at gmail.com> wrote:
> I helped draft the UPA Code of Conduct and would be interested in
> comments. I could fill in some of the background that went into the
> code of conduct.
>
> Chauncey
>
> On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 10:08 AM, William Evans <wkevans4 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> UPA has one too on their site
>>
>> will evans
>> emotive architect &
>> hedonic designer
>> will at semanticfoundry.com
>> 617.281.1281
>> twitter: semanticwill
>> aim: semanticwill
>> gtalk: wkevans4
>> skype: semanticwill
>> _________________________
>> Sent via iPhone
>>
>>
>> On Oct 10, 2008, at 9:55 AM, Kevin Silver <kevin at clearwired.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Does anyone know of or use (abide by) Standards of Professional Practice
>>> other than the one AIGA has outlined? I'm interested to see if there are any
>>> alternatives.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Kevin
>>> ________________________________________________________________
>>> Welcome to the Interaction Design Association (IxDA)!
>>> To post to this list ....... discuss at ixda.org
>>> Unsubscribe ................ http://www.ixda.org/unsubscribe
>>> List Guidelines ............ http://www.ixda.org/guidelines
>>> List Help .................. http://www.ixda.org/help
>>
>> ________________________________________________________________
>> Welcome to the Interaction Design Association (IxDA)!
>> To post to this list ....... discuss at ixda.org
>> Unsubscribe ................ http://www.ixda.org/unsubscribe
>> List Guidelines ............ http://www.ixda.org/guidelines
>> List Help .................. http://www.ixda.org/help
>>
>

Syndicate content Get the feed