JOB: Senior User Experience Designer, London UK, Yamaha Corporation, full time
6 Oct 2008 - 2:43am
Job title: Senior User Experience Designer.
Organisation: Yamaha R&D Centre London Software Group.
Location: Chiswick, London, UK.
Summary: Yamaha Corporation is looking for a Senior User Experience
Designer to work at its London R&D Centre designing compelling user
experiences for its next generation of music software applications.
Aims and responsibilities of job:
Work with technical team leaders to define application architectures.
Make UXD decisions defining structure (interaction design, information
architecture), skeleton (interface design, navigation design, information
design) and surface (high level visual design).
Use appropriate techniques and deliverables to communicate and validate
UXD decisions. Examples of what we expect are: architectural diagrams,
navigation maps, paper prototypes, high-fidelity prototypes, design comps,
style guides; user testing, usability testing.
Supervise other staff working on related tasks.
Lead efforts to understand and integrate UXD practices.
Essential skills, experience and qualifications:
Five+ years' experience in a UXD role.
A portfolio of work demonstrating:
- Work on commercial software products aimed at mass-market consumers
- Ability to adapt approach to different user segments
- Sensitivity to branding needs
- Ability to create products with coherent and consistent themes
- Understanding of desktop and web software user interface constraints and
conventions; ability to design for implementation
- Ability to design intuitive interaction patterns for complex features
Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
Proven ability to meet challenging project objectives within tight
Formal background in HCI, interaction design, information architecture,
communications design, product design or similar discipline.
Membership of BCS-HCI, IxDA, IAI, IID, SIGCHI (ACM), SIGHCI (AIS), UPA or
other recognised usability/interaction organisation.
Strong personal interest in music (playing, learning, producing).
Salary and benefits:
- Salary dependent on experience.
- Initial 23 days annual leave.
- Company pension after one year’s service – company contributes 6.5% of
- Staff discount on Yamaha products (staff purchase at company’s best
trade price for single unit sale).
- Annual medical screen.
- Periodic eye tests.
- Private medical insurance scheme after two years’ service.
Means of application:
Email your CV, your portfolio and/or URLs of your work samples, and a
covering statement explaining why you want to work for Yamaha to Joe_Boulter at gmx.yamaha.com