Sr. Web/Data Analyst w/ PBwiki; a fun, thriving startup
25 Sep 2008 - 8:01pm
What does PBwiki do?
Wikis are collaborative websites that lots of people can edit (Wikipedia is
an example of a wiki-as-encyclopedia). You might use a wiki to plan a
project or create an online classroom. Instead of sending 50 emails to
coordinate something, you put files and pages in one secure place and let
your team collaborate online. Try it out: You can create a PBwiki as easily
as a peanut butter sandwich at PBwiki.com.
400% annualized revenue growth since inception in 2005
Over 350% growth in the # of wikis hosted since last year
Small, growing team of 25 based in San Mateo, with a sales office in New
We raised just over $2 million in venture capital
The job: Senior Web/Data Analyst
If you can dig through a mountain of data to find an interesting insight
that will change the company, we're looking for you.
The Web/Business analyst will drive the analysis of all PBwiki analytical
functions, including traffic, revenues, marketing campaigns, feature
traction, and market research. As a company that relies on metrics to
rapidly iterate and improve, your reports and wisdom will be foundational in
guiding the company's direction.
What kind of person are you?
You're curious and thorough. You breathe Excel. You can comb through user
data and uncover interesting surprises we didn't know about. You love
digging through numbers to find trends and to recommend actionable items.
You've previously worked with SaaS companies and large userbases. You'll
create and measure many key analytics and present them in a way that makes
sense. You know how to work with engineers to get the source data you need
to produce information dashboards. Tufte's like an old friend of yours.
* Collecting and presenting key stats, including web metrics, business
metrics, and product metrics
* Creating, monitoring, and improving tools to monitor the successes of
* Working cross-functionally to create benchmarks for product releases
(and measuring them)
* Help project teams make decisions with metrics
* Work with engineering team to systematize stats collection
* 3-5 years experience in web analytics (ideally for a SaaS provider)
* Thorough knowledge of Excel, graphing for understanding, statistics,
* Analytical/technical experience combined with business intuition for
* Prior experience with complex analyses of large-scale systems
* Experience with Salesforce.com (preferred)
* Experience with relevant analytical terminology, including pipeline
analysis, lifetime value, etc
* Highly motivated (it's a startup!) and able to work on multiple
* SQL & PHP programming abilities a plus
Benefits of working at PBwiki
Dress is casual and compensation is competitive. Also, we have free
lunches/espresso, gym memberships, and stock options for each employee. We
really value you getting to know your co-workers, so if you want to take any
other PBwiki co-worker out to lunch, we'll cover it. For fun, once a month
we take the day off and do something fun, like indoor skydiving or a yacht
tour of the Bay. And if you're not local to the Bay Area, we pay relocation
expenses for extraordinary candidates.
But more importantly, working here gives you the chance to make changes that
millions of users will see that very same week.
Apply for this position
Apply for this position by visiting "http://www.pbwiki.com," creating a
wiki, and playing around. Then email us and include your resume and suggest
3 interesting stats you'd dig up for PBwiki.
Head of Talent Acquisition and Strategy
(P) 415.706.5225 http://pbwiki.com