Interesting site National Grid Floe

23 Sep 2008 - 9:47pm
5 years ago
9 replies
819 reads
Catriona Lohan-...
2007

http://www.nationalgridfloe.com/

Anyone know who did it? LBI London?
__________________________
Catríona Lohan-Conway
User Experience Architect
917 405 5127
clohanconway at mac.com

P Please consider our environment before printing.

Comments

23 Sep 2008 - 9:47pm
Catriona Lohan-...
2007

http://www.nationalgridfloe.com/

Anyone know who did it? LBI London?
__________________________
Catríona Lohan-Conway
User Experience Architect
917 405 5127
clohanconway at mac.com

P Please consider our environment before printing.

24 Sep 2008 - 6:20am
Lee McIvor
2006

What the hell is it? I can't even work out what it's about - presumably more than sponsoring bears....

In answer to your question though, I have no idea, sorry!

----- Original Message ----
From: Catriona Lohan-Conway <clohanconway at mac.com>
To: ixda list <discuss at ixda.org>
Sent: Wednesday, 24 September, 2008 3:47:41
Subject: [IxDA Discuss] Interesting site National Grid Floe

http://www.nationalgridfloe.com/

Anyone know who did it? LBI London?
__________________________
Catríona Lohan-Conway
User Experience Architect
917 405 5127
clohanconway at mac.com

P Please consider our environment before printing.
________________________________________________________________
Welcome to the Interaction Design Association (IxDA)!
To post to this list ....... discuss at ixda.org
Unsubscribe ................ http://www.ixda.org/unsubscribe
List Guidelines ............ http://www.ixda.org/guidelines
List Help .................. http://www.ixda.org/help

24 Sep 2008 - 6:50am
Rita Martinez I...
2007

I think it is a very clever way to encourage efficient use of resources like
electricity, water etc using the polar bear and the poles melting metaphor
as an example of what will happen if we don't start taking care of the
planet. i think the animation is fantastic and the whole idea is very good.
I don't know who designed it though:)

2008/9/24 Lee McIvor <lee.mcivor at yahoo.co.uk>

> What the hell is it? I can't even work out what it's about - presumably
> more than sponsoring bears....
>
> In answer to your question though, I have no idea, sorry!
>
>
>
>
>
> ----- Original Message ----
> From: Catriona Lohan-Conway <clohanconway at mac.com>
> To: ixda list <discuss at ixda.org>
> Sent: Wednesday, 24 September, 2008 3:47:41
> Subject: [IxDA Discuss] Interesting site National Grid Floe
>
> http://www.nationalgridfloe.com/
>
> Anyone know who did it? LBI London?
> __________________________
> Catríona Lohan-Conway
> User Experience Architect
> 917 405 5127
> clohanconway at mac.com
>
> P Please consider our environment before printing.
> ________________________________________________________________
> Welcome to the Interaction Design Association (IxDA)!
> To post to this list ....... discuss at ixda.org
> Unsubscribe ................ http://www.ixda.org/unsubscribe
> List Guidelines ............ http://www.ixda.org/guidelines
> List Help .................. http://www.ixda.org/help
>
>
>
>
> ________________________________________________________________
> Welcome to the Interaction Design Association (IxDA)!
> To post to this list ....... discuss at ixda.org
> Unsubscribe ................ http://www.ixda.org/unsubscribe
> List Guidelines ............ http://www.ixda.org/guidelines
> List Help .................. http://www.ixda.org/help
>

--
rita
www.sugarhoover.co.uk

24 Sep 2008 - 1:42pm
Jef Lippiatt
2008

Perhaps it is just the way my day is going, but I really wanted to sink the bear. Humor aside, very interesting interaction going on within the site. The transitions were very smooth or fluid and the text based information was clean and easy to read. I think the metaphor was working but in a very subtle way, not a bad thing necessarily. I'll have to explore a bit more of the site later in the evening. Good find for sure.

24 Sep 2008 - 5:43pm
Jared M. Spool
2003

On Sep 23, 2008, at 10:47 PM, Catriona Lohan-Conway wrote:

> http://www.nationalgridfloe.com/
>
> Anyone know who did it? LBI London?

Looks like Mullen here in the states.

http://adsoftheworld.com/media/online/national_grid_floe

Jared

24 Sep 2008 - 6:02pm
Shaun Bergmann
2007

I notice that the adsoftheworld.com site uses "next" on the left, and
"previous" on the right for navigating their thumbnails.

I didn't get it.

*ducking*

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 3:43 PM, Jared Spool <jspool at uie.com> wrote:

> On Sep 23, 2008, at 10:47 PM, Catriona Lohan-Conway wrote:
>
> http://www.nationalgridfloe.com/
>>
>> Anyone know who did it? LBI London?
>>
>
> Looks like Mullen here in the states.
>
> http://adsoftheworld.com/media/online/national_grid_floe
>
> Jared
>
>
> ________________________________________________________________
> Welcome to the Interaction Design Association (IxDA)!
> To post to this list ....... discuss at ixda.org
> Unsubscribe ................ http://www.ixda.org/unsubscribe
> List Guidelines ............ http://www.ixda.org/guidelines
> List Help .................. http://www.ixda.org/help
>

24 Sep 2008 - 6:05pm
SemanticWill
2007

??

I see <<First | <Previous 1 2 3 ... Next> Last>>

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 7:02 PM, Shaun Bergmann <shaunbergmann at gmail.com>wrote:

> I notice that the adsoftheworld.com site uses "next" on the left, and
> "previous" on the right for navigating their thumbnails.
>
> I didn't get it.
>
> *ducking*
>
> On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 3:43 PM, Jared Spool <jspool at uie.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sep 23, 2008, at 10:47 PM, Catriona Lohan-Conway wrote:
> >
> > http://www.nationalgridfloe.com/
> >>
> >> Anyone know who did it? LBI London?
> >>
> >
> > Looks like Mullen here in the states.
> >
> > http://adsoftheworld.com/media/online/national_grid_floe
> >
> > Jared
> >
> >
> > ________________________________________________________________
> > Welcome to the Interaction Design Association (IxDA)!
> > To post to this list ....... discuss at ixda.org
> > Unsubscribe ................ http://www.ixda.org/unsubscribe
> > List Guidelines ............ http://www.ixda.org/guidelines
> > List Help .................. http://www.ixda.org/help
> >
> ________________________________________________________________
> Welcome to the Interaction Design Association (IxDA)!
> To post to this list ....... discuss at ixda.org
> Unsubscribe ................ http://www.ixda.org/unsubscribe
> List Guidelines ............ http://www.ixda.org/guidelines
> List Help .................. http://www.ixda.org/help
>

--
~ will

"Where you innovate, how you innovate,
and what you innovate are design problems"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Will Evans | User Experience Architect
tel: +1.617.281.128 | will at semanticfoundry.com
aim: semanticwill | gtalk: wkevans4
twitter: semanticwill | skype: semanticwill
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

24 Sep 2008 - 6:07pm
SemanticWill
2007

OOOO, I see what you mean - I was looking at the wrong place.

Yeah. Not good. Not good at all, but then again - they don't have an About
Us section, so they are not legit. These are not the droids you are looking
for.

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 7:05 PM, Will Evans <will at semanticfoundry.com>wrote:

> ??
>
> I see <<First | <Previous 1 2 3 ... Next> Last>>
>
>
> On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 7:02 PM, Shaun Bergmann <shaunbergmann at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> I notice that the adsoftheworld.com site uses "next" on the left, and
>> "previous" on the right for navigating their thumbnails.
>>
>> I didn't get it.
>>
>> *ducking*
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 3:43 PM, Jared Spool <jspool at uie.com> wrote:
>>
>> > On Sep 23, 2008, at 10:47 PM, Catriona Lohan-Conway wrote:
>> >
>> > http://www.nationalgridfloe.com/
>> >>
>> >> Anyone know who did it? LBI London?
>> >>
>> >
>> > Looks like Mullen here in the states.
>> >
>> > http://adsoftheworld.com/media/online/national_grid_floe
>> >
>> > Jared
>> >
>> >
>> > ________________________________________________________________
>> > Welcome to the Interaction Design Association (IxDA)!
>> > To post to this list ....... discuss at ixda.org
>> > Unsubscribe ................ http://www.ixda.org/unsubscribe
>> > List Guidelines ............ http://www.ixda.org/guidelines
>> > List Help .................. http://www.ixda.org/help
>> >
>> ________________________________________________________________
>> Welcome to the Interaction Design Association (IxDA)!
>> To post to this list ....... discuss at ixda.org
>> Unsubscribe ................ http://www.ixda.org/unsubscribe
>> List Guidelines ............ http://www.ixda.org/guidelines
>> List Help .................. http://www.ixda.org/help
>>
>
>
>
> --
> ~ will
>
> "Where you innovate, how you innovate,
> and what you innovate are design problems"
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Will Evans | User Experience Architect
> tel: +1.617.281.128 | will at semanticfoundry.com
> aim: semanticwill | gtalk: wkevans4
> twitter: semanticwill | skype: semanticwill
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>

--
~ will

"Where you innovate, how you innovate,
and what you innovate are design problems"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Will Evans | User Experience Architect
tel: +1.617.281.128 | will at semanticfoundry.com
aim: semanticwill | gtalk: wkevans4
twitter: semanticwill | skype: semanticwill
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

24 Sep 2008 - 6:14pm
Shaun Bergmann
2007

Sorry, didn't mean to highjack this thread. I just got side tracked by the
navigational example that popped up.

The navigation is actually quite broken. "Next" goes to the previous page,
and "Previous" goes to the next page.

As you were.

Shaun
On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 4:07 PM, Will Evans <will at semanticfoundry.com>wrote:

> OOOO, I see what you mean - I was looking at the wrong place.
>
> Yeah. Not good. Not good at all, but then again - they don't have an About
> Us section, so they are not legit. These are not the droids you are looking
> for.
>
> On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 7:05 PM, Will Evans <will at semanticfoundry.com>wrote:
>
>> ??
>>
>> I see <<First | <Previous 1 2 3 ... Next> Last>>
>>
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 7:02 PM, Shaun Bergmann <shaunbergmann at gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> I notice that the adsoftheworld.com site uses "next" on the left, and
>>> "previous" on the right for navigating their thumbnails.
>>>
>>> I didn't get it.
>>>
>>> *ducking*
>>>
>>> On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 3:43 PM, Jared Spool <jspool at uie.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> > On Sep 23, 2008, at 10:47 PM, Catriona Lohan-Conway wrote:
>>> >
>>> > http://www.nationalgridfloe.com/
>>> >>
>>> >> Anyone know who did it? LBI London?
>>> >>
>>> >
>>> > Looks like Mullen here in the states.
>>> >
>>> > http://adsoftheworld.com/media/online/national_grid_floe
>>> >
>>> > Jared
>>> >
>>> >
>>> > ________________________________________________________________
>>> > Welcome to the Interaction Design Association (IxDA)!
>>> > To post to this list ....... discuss at ixda.org
>>> > Unsubscribe ................ http://www.ixda.org/unsubscribe
>>> > List Guidelines ............ http://www.ixda.org/guidelines
>>> > List Help .................. http://www.ixda.org/help
>>> >
>>> ________________________________________________________________
>>> Welcome to the Interaction Design Association (IxDA)!
>>> To post to this list ....... discuss at ixda.org
>>> Unsubscribe ................ http://www.ixda.org/unsubscribe
>>> List Guidelines ............ http://www.ixda.org/guidelines
>>> List Help .................. http://www.ixda.org/help
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> ~ will
>>
>> "Where you innovate, how you innovate,
>> and what you innovate are design problems"
>>
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> Will Evans | User Experience Architect
>> tel: +1.617.281.128 | will at semanticfoundry.com
>> aim: semanticwill | gtalk: wkevans4
>> twitter: semanticwill | skype: semanticwill
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>>
>
>
> --
> ~ will
>
> "Where you innovate, how you innovate,
> and what you innovate are design problems"
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Will Evans | User Experience Architect
> tel: +1.617.281.128 | will at semanticfoundry.com
> aim: semanticwill | gtalk: wkevans4
> twitter: semanticwill | skype: semanticwill
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>

Syndicate content Get the feed