Intuit is looking for a strong, experienced, Web 2.0 application interaction designer. You will be familiar with Web 2.0 technologies and directions. In your new role, you will need to be able to think in terms of end-to-end UI design, apply strategic thinking and business goals to design work, focus on usability and understand aesthetic values. As the successful candidate, you will work in an agile environment, as a hands-on UI designer and will be responsible for delivering all aspects of design. You will be part of a company that promotes superior interaction design and usability as a core competencies.
* Produce great design work that shines with simplicity despite the complexity of the problems we're solving
* Define implementation criteria, guidelines, and specs.
* Work with us as part as part of our agile development team
* Turn ideas into amazing design.
* Be both creative and pragmatic.
* Enjoy generating and evangelizing team and product vision and have proven customer affinity and user empathy
* Hold direct responsibility for creating the user interface of key customer experiences and projects, concentrating on end-to-end workflows and tasks
* Learn new technologies, quickly
* Be capable of independent design process, project, and schedule management
* Be critical; compare and contrast various design solutions, taking technical, resource, and time constraints into account
* Prioritize among competing assignments, features, user tasks and needs
* Illustrate experience in conceptual development and creative prototypes as well as tactical UI design and implementation
* Be tolerant of range of projects, from vague to well-defined, simple to complex, implementation to innovation
* Be a creative problem-solver and an effective communicator, presenter, and negotiator
* Exhibit ability to collaborate with user researchers, UI text writers, peer designers, and art directors; illustrate productive collaboration with other corporate peers and sponsors
Qualifications : * Five-years plus product/interaction design, industrial design, or graphic design degree
* Familiar with Web 2.0 technologies (as they relate to design_) and directions
* Degree in Design, Design related field, or equivalent experience
* Eight or more years total industry experience (corporate, software, web, agency experience)
* Experience in shipping high-volume, high-profile, or award-winning software products preferred.
* Strong portfolio available for viewing
* Proficient in prototyping and mock up skills to convey ideas and concepts
* Expertise in Adobe or other design software [Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.]
* Understanding of DHTML, scripting, and web technologies
* Worked as a hands-on UI design practitioner for web software
* Experience in Flash, Flex, WPF, or dynamic front end software tools is preferred