[JOB] User Experience Architect - Los Angeles - ACQUITY GROUP - Full Time
11 Sep 2008 - 9:28am
7 years ago
User Experience Architect
Elevate your Career.
Join the Group.
Whether you enjoy an open working atmosphere, sharing your playlist
over the company network, or grabbing lunch from our indoor food
court--our positive and collaborative environment cultivates award-
winning creative and visual design, while encouraging growth,
discussion and free thinking.
Acquity Group has a proven track record of developing tailored
solutions that leverage our breadth of expertise and deep
understanding within strategy, design and technology to help companies
enable their digital channel. Acquity Group possesses not only the
knowledge to conceptualize and build our clients brand, but the
experience needed to elevate their business.
Headquartered in Chicago, IL we have offices in Irvine & Los Angeles,
CA; Overland Park, KS; Scottsdale, AZ and Dallas, TX serving many
leading brands including United Airlines, General Motors, Kohl's,
Motorola, Shimano and American Express. For more information, visit www.acquitygroup.com.
We’re looking for a User Experience Architect who is seeking an
opportunity to lead large-scale engagements and expand the role of
User Experience in all phases of digital channel enablement.
This is a unique opportunity to help guide/influence end-to-end
business solutions to maximize audience engagement and transform our
clients’ businesses. Our User Experience Architect works in tandem
with Business Analysts and Technical Architects to analyze define and
provide holistic solutions while supporting Visual Design, Front End
Development and Digital Marketing teams.
As a member of the high-growth Interactive Marketing group, you will
work on a wide range websites, extranets, intranets, portals and micro
sites across a myriad of industries and companies. You will help
integrate multiple user needs, business opportunities, and technology
capabilities into highly-intuitive user experiences, and be
responsible for managing and/or executing all phases of project
deliverables from stakeholder interviews and discovery initiatives
through user testing, production of detailed wireframes, workflows,
functional requirements, interaction specifications and user interface
You will also work closely with the User Experience Solutions Director
to define and build the operations, processes and roles of user
experience solutions and services for the company and our clients.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Participate in client discover sessions and assist in defining
business requirements, discover user personas/archetype and interpret
• Serve as an expert consultant during the detailed design phase by
reviewing interaction design, copy and visual design for usability
• Conduct both formal or guerilla user research
• Plan, facilitate and manage usability evaluations through usability
labs, paper and live questionnaires, live interviews, surveys and
• Conduct audits of existing systems and web sites, based on clarity
and usability best practices, and prepare reports of findings and
• Develop detailed site maps that will define the page hierarchy,
navigation schema, taxonomy and nomenclature
• Architect complex content and information systems into usage
scenarios and use cases, wireframes, content outlines, mocksups/
storyboards, interaction notes as well as paper and interactive
• Develop content and workflow maps indicating process and systems
implications, navigation and content relationships
• Provide heuristic evaluations and reviews of early visual mockups
and/or prototype designs
• Assist in the development of standards, methodologies and repeatable
processes for delivery of UX services
• Assist in structuring engagements and preparing cost estimates
• Partner with Art Directors, Search Specialists, Technical Leads,
Copywriters and other Interactive Marketing team members on strategies
• Mentor less experienced team members
• A minimum of 6 years’ experience, including leadership roles in
client engagements and project management
• Strong client relations and thought-leadership abilities
• Proven ability to design and lead discovery activities including
stakeholder interviews, user inquiry, website and business performance
• Hands-on experience with project deliverables—discovery findings,
heuristic evaluations, information architecture, wireframes,
interaction specifications, user interface guides, etc.
• Experience or interest in working closely with business, technical
and process analysts.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong understanding and application of Web technologies
• Experience designing and leading user research and/or translating
user research into design decisions
• Experience or interest in content management, business and other
• Strong analytic and strategic problem-solving skills
• Strong writing, and presentation skills required
• Experience in marketing strategy, customer segmentation and analysis
and multi-channel communications or Visual Design skills a plus.
50% travel flexibility - more or less depending on project; candidate
should be comfortable with travel and overtime as client commitment
Competitive Benefits & Compensation
Acquity Group offers excellent compensation and benefits including
medical, dental, vision, 401(k), short and long-term disability, life
insurance, accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D), paid, flexible
vacation and holidays.
In addition to a competitive base salary Acquity Group offers a unique
variable compensation plan which provides additional reward to
employees that demonstrate outstanding performance.
* Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work
authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a