JOB: Usability Analyst at SAS R&D Pune, India - Full Time
9 Sep 2008 - 11:47pm
Job Description for the Position of Software Specialist – Usability
As a member of the R&D Usability team, this person will design, prototype,
and document SAS Platform user interfaces. The duties of this position will
include conducting usability studies, prototyping and producing detailed UI
design specifications; ensuring user interface consistency within a
multi-application suite; creating and maintaining usability standards;
evaluating new technology, and other duties as assigned.
· Works on a single product or product suite.
· Focuses on user goals and needs and the flow of tasks to achieve
· Designs and conducts usability field studies & contextual design
· Influences the product development team to support UCD.
· Demonstrates awareness of market/ competitors and knowledge of
users in problem solving.
· Independently develops long term strategy for usability work on
· Communication and presentation skills necessary to present,
explain, negotiate, and monitor design solutions.
*Primary responsibilities ***
· Performs research focused on understanding work practice and user
behavior as individuals and as part of a work group.
· Interacts with customers, user groups, and marketing to identify
· Works in cross functional teams to translate functional
requirements into system design.
· Designs, develops, and documents high level and detailed
prototypes to effectively communicate designs.
· Runs design reviews and usability tests with key stakeholders and
representative users to validate designs.
· Produces specifications describing the appearance and behavior of
the user interface for a product in development.
· Creates screen designs using image processing tools like
Photoshop, Fireworks and MS Visio.
· Develops functional prototypes using Flex.
· Familiar with UI guidelines for relevant development platforms
like Windows, Swing and Eclipse.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Design, Human-Computer
Interaction, Computer Graphics, Cognitive Psychology, or related field.
· User interface design experience.
· Minimum years of experience: 5 years
· Maximum years of experience: 8 years
SAS is the leader in business intelligence and predictive analytics
software. The R&D centre in India is a key resource arm for the global SAS
community and focuses on R&D and Industry Intelligence Solutions