[JOB] Interaction Designer, Amsterdam, TomTom, Permanent/full time
8 Sep 2008 - 9:09am
INTERACTION DESIGNER - AMSTERDAM - TOMTOM
TomTom is looking for talented interaction designers who have previous
design experience and who have the ability to work in fun but pressured
environments. You will be working on state of the art projects both on
navigation devices and web environments; you will be enthusiastic and be
able to roll with projects with minimum support and direction.
The Interaction Designer will join the User Experience team at TomTom,
which is at the forefront of product design and innovation, and has an
absolute commitment to delivering the best possible experience to our
The Interaction Designer defines the basic concept for the interactive
product to meet the project objectives and in relation to the project
constraints. He or she applies a User-Centered Design (UCD) methodology
to understand users and their needs in order to create the most
compelling experience for TomTom users.
TASKS & RESPONSABILITIES:
The Interaction Designer is responsible for:
* The interaction design of products or features.
* Primary contact for all design issues (as design lead).
* The design process within projects and time estimations of
* To perform user analysis and documenting it appropriately
(e.g. personas, scenarios, or task models).
* To perform product analysis to assess possibilities for
improvement and documenting it (e.g. expert reviews).
* To translate business and user requirements to the final
design concept (design idea, functional design, information architecture
and interaction design).
* To monitor the implementation process to ensure that the final
product matches the design specifications.
* To design, plan and execute usability tests.
We're looking for candidates with 3+ years of interaction design
experience. Right now, your job title may be interaction, interface or
user experience designer, information architect, or even GUI developer.
To be successful in this role, you will need a passion for great design
and a holistic understanding of what makes a great user experience.
Additionally you need:
* At least three years professional experience designing digital
products or services
* A master degree in Media & Design, Human Computer Interaction
or Industrial Design.
* Experience with Visio, Photoshop, Axure or similar tools.
* A presentable portfolio at interview stage.
* A strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational,
logical and analytical skills.
* Creative problem solving techniques to come up with innovative
* A good understanding of interactive technologies.
* Strong understanding of usability engineering.
* Good presentation and writing skills (English).
Whether you have experience in an agency environment, a consumer
electronics company or consultancy we would like to hear from you if you
think you fit the bill. In return we offer a competitive salary and
TomTom is one of Europe's fastest growing, most successful and most
innovative consumer electronics companies. As a leading provider of
personal navigation products and services, we focus on innovation,
quality, ease of use and value. Since 1991 the company has grown
substantially, and we are European market leader for personal navigation
devices. Our navigation solutions are used in 20 countries with a
mission to further expand our global customer base. TomTom has its
headquarters located in Amsterdam, and has offices in Europe, Asia,
North America and Australia.
This e-mail message contains information which is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended for use by the addressee only. If you are not the intended addressee, we request that you notify the sender immediately and delete or destroy this e-mail message and any attachment(s), without copying, saving, forwarding, disclosing or using its contents in any other way. TomTom N.V., TomTom International BV or any other company belonging to the TomTom group of companies will not be liable for damage relating to the communication by e-mail of data, documents or any other information.