Job: User Experience (UX) Design Engineer - San Diego, CA - Websense
14 Aug 2008 - 7:48pm
*Title: User Experience (UX) Design Engineer*
Do you have a passion for making complex pieces of technology easier to use?
Do you think that good design is a product of research and testing
activities with a target audience? If this is you, come join our UX team and
work to improve a suite of world-class security products and help improve
the experience of millions of users.
Websense, Inc. (NASDAQ: WBSN), a global leader in integrated Web, email and
data protection technologies, provides Essential Information Protection(TM)
for more than 42 million employees at more than 50,000 organizations
worldwide. Distributed through its global network of channel partners,
Websense software and hosted security solutions help organizations block
malicious code, prevent the loss of confidential information and enforce
Internet use and security policies. For more information, visit www.websense.com.
*Duties and Responsibilities:*
As a User Experience (UX) Design Engineer, you will be engaged in a variety
of development activities. These activities may include site visits,
interviews, task analysis, sketching, low-fidelity prototyping,
high-fidelity prototyping, functional spec writing, running usability tests,
writing up test results, and conducting heuristic and expert reviews. Most
projects are collaborative and there are regular opportunities to gain
skills in new areas from other team members.
* College degree in Cognitive Science, Human Computer Interaction (HCI),
Interactive Design (IxD, Psychology, Software Engineering, Design or other
applicable area or equivalent work experience.
* Experience independently running and writing up task-based usability
tests, either in school or in a work environment. You should be familiar
with standard protocols for how to conduct a usability test.
* Experience interviewing and/or observing users in their normal work
environment for the purposes of informing a design process.
* Experience writing high quality, structured reports and papers.
* Experience sketching an idea for a product on a whiteboard or paper.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Must be available for minimal travel (less than 5%) as necessary
* Familiarity with Nielsen's Heuristics and experience conducting reviews
advanced software development team.
* Prior work experience with Enterprise class products.
* Experience using Visio, Axure, Omnigraffle or other software tool to
design product interfaces.
* Experience designing information architectures.
*To apply: *
To be considered for this position, please apply online at www.websense.com/careers and type 'user experience' into the keywords search
Websense offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which
includes Medical / Dental / Vision Insurance Plan options, Flexible Spending
Accounts, 401K Retirement Plan with Employer Match, Employee Stock Purchase
Plan, Vacation, Sick and Holiday Paid Time Off, Tuition Reimbursement, a
Commuter Program including Public Transit and Coaster Subsidy, Gym Discounts
Jeff Axup, Ph.D.
Principal Consultant, User Design LLC, San Diego